Picture turn pink in ray-trace

asoebye

I have a two walls in my living-room I have put some art on. When I raytrace one picture turns pink.

I have tried several formats, compared it to pictures NOT turning pink and made sure they are the same, but to no avail. So my guess it has something to do with size, but all the changes I've made has resulted in nothing.

I use X11.

Hope anyone can help me out.

Regards

Asbjørn Søbye

Raytrace_20190823.jpg

Purple is the color that shows up when Chief can't follow the file path for the material texture.  It may be on a drive or file location that the program is having difficulty with.

Take a read through some of the previous postings and links on "Purple Raytraces" and see if anything applies to you.

It may also be a software bug so no harm is contacting tech support about it if does not seem like it was something you did wrong.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    AshleyH
    Newest Member
    AshleyH

• By heyimusingchief
      Can you add our own photos to picture frames on room planner on a mobile iPad or phone? If possible, can you explain how, and if photos can be added, it will be much easier. Thanks
    • By liveatul
      How can I import images from my iPad photo library? And use as a new object or use in photo frames as a patterns.
      Pl. update
    • By ericepv
      I am working on a project that has a large quantity of  silver metallic drape. I have been experimenting with different material typed and properties to get the most realistic reflective metallic look but so far I have not found a really good option. I tried using metallic or reflective material typed but I get alot of speckling and would need to add a lot of extra lighting which really slows down the Ray-Trace.

I have attached the material sample. Anyone have any suggestions?

• By Adrean
      Ric Howe started a thread long ago encouraging others to share their Chief Architect creations (usually rendering scenes).
      http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?36571-Time-to-Show-YOUR-GOODIES!!!!!!
      I wanted to help continue this tradition by recreating the thread here, but with a twist...
      If you haven't explored it yet, this forum allows users to create image Albums. You can allow others to comment and rate your images, just click on the Gallery tab on the top of the page to see what others have posted or start your own album.
      I've thrown myself in the ring with this album so that we have an example to start from:
      https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/gallery/album/9-1-bathroom-6-ways/
      Share yours too, we are always excited to see what users are creating. Just set up your Album, and then post a link on this thread to share with the rest of us!