Hiding Materials In Cross Section Views

EconBlueprints

Hello,

When I do a cross section view I only want to see the framing members, and turn off things like drywall, roofing, mouldings.
I am able to get rid of the mouldings, but cant seem to turn off the drywall or  roofing.
In the Section View dialog box, I have " Walls, Main Layer Only" checked.
I know I have to be missing something, any ideas?
Thanks,
Lane

^What Eric said. But to add to that, I've had trouble with this in the past, particularly with attic walls iirc. What worked in my case was to use the delete surfaces tool and send to layout as an image. If you send it as a view then the surfaces will reappear when the layout box is updated. Alternatively since this appears to just be for framing members and if you don't care about colors, you could create a cad detail from view after you delete the appropriate surfaces.

37 minutes ago, Chris_Kelly said:

^What Eric said. But to add to that, I've had trouble with this in the past, particularly with attic walls iirc. What worked in my case was to use the delete surfaces tool and send to layout as an image. If you send it as a view then the surfaces will reappear when the layout box is updated. Alternatively since this appears to just be for framing members and if you don't care about colors, you could create a cad detail from view after you delete the appropriate surfaces.

3 hours ago, EconBlueprints said:

Hello,

When I do a cross section view I only want to see the framing members, and turn off things like drywall, roofing, mouldings.
I am able to get rid of the mouldings, but cant seem to turn off the drywall or  roofing.
In the Section View dialog box, I have " Walls, Main Layer Only" checked.
I know I have to be missing something, any ideas?
Thanks,
Lane

Hello Fella's, framing members have their own layers, simply turn off roof planes and wall layers including attic walls etc. Leave all framing members checked to display and you will see only framing members.

Don't forget the ability to back/side clip a section camera to better control your section view.