Locations for fixtures on a cathedral ceiling - Sanity Check

Ravenquills

Hello All:

I am designing a house with all cathedral ceilings on the second floor. The idea is to have all the duct work etc exposed. In some areas I would like to do some sloped soffits for light fixtures. So the question is and it may be stupid is do i place everything on the attic level so that it is on the ceiling?

Thanks 

best

a

1 hour ago, Ravenquills said:

best

a

Keep them on the second floor, you can adjust offsets in the fixture's open-object dbx. You can also edit offset in 2d sections or 3d space. The delete surface tool an d convert to symbol tools can help you if you have a fixture with a base built for a flat ceiling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

Keep them on the second floor, you can adjust offsets in the fixture's open-object dbx. You can also edit offset in 2d sections or 3d space. The delete surface tool an d convert to symbol tools can help you if you have a fixture with a base built for a flat ceiling. 

Thank you!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    emmabrownnn
    Newest Member
    emmabrownnn

• By ChiefArchitect
      Learn how to use the Trey Ceiling, Ceiling Planes, and Automatic Ceiling Vaulting tools to create customized spaces in your designs.

Join Scott Harris and Al Frey this Thursday at noon to learn more about these powerful Chief Architect tools!
      Register today!

Use this downloadable plan file for your work reference: Ceiling-Challenge.zip
      Review this video to learn about ceiling editing techniques: Ceilings: Vaults, Barrels & Treys

See all of the upcoming webinars here: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/livedemo.html
    • By AmandaBrady
      Hello,
      I am working in this file and the basement ceilings / main floor joists above have disappeared. I checked to see layers are on and now I am at a loss as to why they aren't showing up. I know they are they there because I can see the gap where floor joists should be. 
      Any insight or help would be appreciated!

Black_Prelim.plan
    • By StudConstruction
      Not sure if this is the correct topic area but for some reason, I can not figure out how to display the electrical fixture I just dropped in. Here are the steps I've taken:
      1. create wall elevation (E4)
      2. clip wall elevation in plan view making sure the fixture is well within the limits.
      3. saved, exited, restarted .plan
      4. added light fixture in plan view
      5. opened elevation by double-clicking the callout in .plan
      6. display opens sans light fixture

Sorry had to zip the file... didn't have time to figure out how to shrink it...

Hoffman-DP-Proposed.zip
    • By ShelbyTRI
      Hi,
      I am trying to figure out how to change the line weights of the 2D symbols in a schedule.
      I create a schedule in a CAD detail, send it to the layout, and scale it to appropriately fit the page.
      However, when I print the layout, the 2D symbols look extremely thick. How can I make the line weights of the symbols thinner?
      I've tried editing within the schedule, and changing the text height to a smaller size (1"), which this works to make the symbols thinner, but then the text is too hard to read.
      Also, is there a way to make a schedule have multiple columns?
      Thanks!!

• By Designer100
      can anyone assist me? I am trying to have a faulse ceiling at at 9'9" P.L. showing as the bldg. section shows that I have drawn across in 2D.
      I do not know how to do it to the family room with at coffered clg to 12' for this remodeling project. Also I have beams serveral places that are flush with 8' clg.

Any help will be appreciated.

Newell
      newell@newellcheatheam.com 

Inwood drive remodeling.plan