Deck Railing - Full Post at Wall

DeckQuestions

If like me you like to keep the Post off the Wall  ( so moisture isn't trapped and it can be repainted over the years)  you can also break the railing wall and reverse the short part to stop them joining again and then position the end of the long section, the width of the newel (post) off the house, though it works for 3.5" posts, you just can't much close or you'll lose the short wall.

image.thumb.png.4085a44fc559f327e7927f5d3319fae9.pngimage.thumb.png.36170fe695307f0a9eb0628cc8b17283.png    

PS. nice tip on the T-Shape Room Divider Eric , I was just using one in the past......

M.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NZBrent
    Newest Member
    NZBrent

• By DianaK
      Wondering if there are options for side mount railing systems such as the cable or rod systems that have the metal newels that are mounted on the outside of the deck.

• By DeckQuestions
      Is there a way to make the top rail of my deck railing rounded? 
    • By DeckQuestions
      My deck railings float off the edge of the deck if I change the thickness to 2 1/2" or lower. I need a 1 1/2" thick railing that stays on the deck. 

I opened an older project, and there the rails could go down to 2 1/2" before they started floating. Maybe a setting needs to be changed, or maybe that's just how the program works? Let me know.

The pictures attached are of my black main deck at 1 1/2" rail thickness and my test deck at 3" and 2 1/2" rail thickness.

Thanks.

Salim.plan