Sign in to follow this  
CalebDBCH

Boxed Eaves

Hi All, I am working on a new project and am fighting a few roof issues....  I am lost as to why I have boxed eaves set, and all but two show up?  I must be doing something stupid... it has been a 19-20 hour day after all. lol.   Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 12.18.27 AM.png

Soellner.plan

Your roof planes are a mess -- planes not joined, multiple fascia heights, different overhangs ...

Start by auto building the roof, then manually make adjustments where needed.

I changed your 12 pitch to 10.

ct1.thumb.png.4ad79c2f60300af1831146cb926c8f30.pngct2.thumb.png.801a00db8c4c50a1fdad64503516ebfe.png

I Agree they are a mess.  I kept trying to auto-build, and chief was going nuts.  I needed a rendering at least SOMEWHAT close to show this morning, so I manually drew...and fought..

Here is my version of the plan.

Soellner (eric).zip

And a tip for getting the boxed eaves to build where two roof planes come together. Here is the porch roof on the left, and the entry roof hi-lighted. That's a 1" straight segment on the porch roof that causes the boxed eave to build.

ct1.thumb.png.309f1ac82e52e513bf9c7f0034e40cbe.png

Eric, when you opened his plan, did you get a (serious) error message? I've had that happen more than once on different plan files I attempted to open from the forum?

Soellner.png