BFogarty

Gable Cheek Mess

Recommended Posts

Can someone please help me with this cheek (see image)?  For the life of me I cannot get it straightened out, been at it for hours.  Can't believe I'm  hung up on this......

 

Plan attached

Gable Mess.jpg

23 Cedar St v3.plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a wall alignment problem.

 

I made an Open Below room and fiddled with the walls and roof.

 

Double check dimensions.

 

23 Cedar St v3 (eric).zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, solver said:

I think it's a wall alignment problem.

 

I made an Open Below room and fiddled with the walls and roof.

 

Double check dimensions.

 

23 Cedar St v3 (eric).zip

Thanks Eric!

Attached is a copy of the plan before I had any issues.  The goal was to remove the mudroom/closet walls and bump the entire ceiling up to 12', everything was intact prior to removal.  I figured this may give you an idea of everything that was going on, maybe an answer as well.  I'm just too pissed off with it at this point....soo dumb!

 

 

23 Cedar St v1 (ca forum).plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am wonder why you have a second Floor ? 

 

Also shouldn't that wall be marked  "if Butting Roof, wall is " ...XXXXXX

 

PS a number of the basement walls aren't aligned but that shouldn't effect the issue I don't think...

 

nice job on the Terrain though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm this is a weird one ...it has something to do with the old Garage/basement ....it is building auto walls under the wall you drew for the family room wall..... as soon as I pull the wall back at the exterior door and auto wall pops up and the error fixes itself ?????  see pic...selection is me pulling the 1st wall back....and now look at where the door was....

 

 

image.thumb.png.76d7b7e41d93c3201f0b8b86c3d481a9.png

 

***

it gets weirder ..... I deleted all the family room walls and the program is autogenerating what looks like concrete foundation walls 

image.thumb.png.31db4229a6bb9281836b27de90dbe819.png  but when you look at the 3D image.thumb.png.b824a898d33dfa4169e26d9b117dca82.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Hmmmm this is a weird one ...it has something to do with the old Garage/basement ....it is building auto walls under the wall you drew for the family room wall..... as soon as I pull the wall back at the exterior door and auto wall pops up and the error fixes itself ?????  see pic...selection is me pulling the 1st wall back....and now look at where the door was....

 

 

image.thumb.png.76d7b7e41d93c3201f0b8b86c3d481a9.png

Weird?  Absolutely.  Normally I can figure dumb stuff like this out....but no such luck today.

 

Essentially this is a remodel where there was a breezeway/garage, we're using the existing footprint to create one room.  Where that front door was, was bumped out 4' or so from where the breezeway door currently is.   Had no issues until we scaled back and needed to remove some stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i had to do a full Demo, I deleted the old foundation level where the garage/breeze way was and redrew the level one walls , then went back down and redrew the foundation walls and all appears to be okay now....

 

I also Auto built the 6/12 pitch Roofs instead....

 

M.

 

image.thumb.png.4ec81da524c4188d795d468b34f8cc35.png

23 Cedar St v3_MHD.plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to rip it apart, but I got too consumed with trying to find the problem :)

 

Sometimes it's just best to not over think things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 7:10 PM, BFogarty said:

I was going to rip it apart, but I got too consumed with trying to find the problem :)

 

Sometimes it's just best to not over think things

 

Had more luck this morning.....

 

I extended the back wall of the garage foundation to the house , and the used the short wall at the left of the new Family Room entrance on level one and extended it right across the house to the back corner and it built properly with the "Lower Wall if split by Butting Roof" set to 5ee.  I did have to change the material to the 23 Cedar Street Siding from the default though.

 

Personally for that reason I change the Walltype Definition once I know what they are as CA still does weird thing when "painting" exterior walls in Particular..

 

I guess the Plan isn't quite finished as I see no Door onto the deck...so couldn't help adding one :)

 

M.

 

 

23 Cedar St v3_MHD2.plan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 11:30 AM, Kbird1 said:

 

Had more luck this morning.....

 

I extended the back wall of the garage foundation to the house , and the used the short wall at the left of the new Family Room entrance on level one and extended it right across the house to the back corner and it built properly with the "Lower Wall if split by Butting Roof" set to 5ee.  I did have to change the material to the 23 Cedar Street Siding from the default though.

 

Personally for that reason I change the Walltype Definition once I know what they are as CA still does woeird thing when "painting" exterior walls in Particular..

 

I guess the Plan isn't quite finished as I see no Door onto the deck...so couldn't help adding on :)

 

M.

 

 

23 Cedar St v3_MHD2.plan

The door looks great!...lol  One actually has to go there, or we'll extend the deck over and center a door on that back wall.

 

I'm still stuck on the "why" this happened (I should really move on :), nothing productive in it), do you think it stemmed from the as-built and then the stuff I removed, then adding new floor/walls/roof?  Ultimately something I had set on the as-built didn't jive with the new?

 

Thanks for your help Mick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BFogarty said:

The door looks great!...lol  One actually has to go there, or we'll extend the deck over and center a door on that back wall.

 

I'm still stuck on the "why" this happened (I should really move on :), nothing productive in it), do you think it stemmed from the as-built and then the stuff I removed, then adding new floor/walls/roof?  Ultimately something I had set on the as-built didn't jive with the new?

 

Thanks for your help Mick!

 

It seems like the As-Built Foundation is auto generating Attic Walls for some reason , and since you used Manual Roof planes you never noticed the Issue, I am not sure why the Walls on Level one didnt stop the Attic Walls on the foundation Level from auto Building , not sure if it has something to do with the weird shape of the old Breezeway foundation and you not fixiing it under the new Family room or not? Sorry I can't be more help......

 

M.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

 

It seems like the As-Built Foundation is auto generating Attic Walls for some reason , and since you used Manual Roof planes you never noticed the Issue, I am not sure why the Walls on Level one didnt stop the Attic Walls on the foundation Level from auto Building , not sure if it has something to do with the weird shape of the old Breezeway foundation and you not fixiing it under the new Family room or not? Sorry I can't be Your help......

 

M.

 

 

Your help/time is much appreciated!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27602
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    Floriance
    Newest Member
    Floriance
    Joined