Changing layout page letters

Larry_Sweeney

What's the correct way to change the page lettering on some pages in layout?  Having multiple templates? I watched a couple of videos, but I'm not doing something correct. From the video it looked like I could go into the edit page info and put (example--S-#) in the Label box and that would change the page letter from "A" to "S" and the # would then start numbering the "S" pages in order, but nothing changed on that layout page. I know I'm missing something, but what? I've always up till now just manually put in the page numbers and letters, but I know there is an auto way to do this--or I think there is.

Eric...............Thanks. That looks like what I was looking for. I did different searches, but as usual I didn't find either of those threads. I'll play around with those thread suggestions and see what works best. I'm pretty "thick" at times. There are some things I'm not quite understanding with some of the suggestions, but I'll get it worked out. Thanks again for the quick response and have a great day.