Independent stair specifications?

MaxStudio

I've tried the above and it brings me to the same dialog box which affects both portions of the stair.  It seems the only thing I have independent control over are the risers/rise/tread info in the general tab (see photo). Are all other attributes seem to treat the stair as one object.

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 10.52.06 AM.png

I've tried the above and it brings me to the same dialog box which affects both portions of the stair.  

I think you did it wrong.  I can tell because the stair dialog is still showing you both sections.  You should only see the section you want as shown in Eric's picture below yours. 

All you need to do is hold the shift or control key down when you click on the stair you want to modify.  It should look like the picture below.  This puts in you in group select mode.  When you are in group select mode, the stair dialog will allow you to modify just the stair sections you selected and it won't automatically adjust all of the other connected sections to match.  

Another technique that works is to simply disconnect the stair from the landing by pulling it away.  Open the specification dialog and make the changes you want and then reconnect the stair to the landing.

single stair selected.png

19 minutes ago, MaxStudio said:

Ah I see,  "Shift" was the correct button.  Thank you

On 2/28/2019 at 9:19 AM, Dermot said:

All you need to do is hold the shift or control key down when you click on the stair you want to modify.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chiefismeantome
    Newest Member
    Chiefismeantome

• By carowe
      I had a client request a change to railings and newels on a plan last Friday and opened up the plan this morning to make the changes.  It is a flight of stairs from the lower level to a landing and then up to the main floor. 1st section is open on both sides, second section is against the wall and they want railings only on the open side, which I had done - see first pdf below.  When I opened the plan today, I made the changes and a railing showed up on the second section and I cannot eliminate it - see second pdf below. I did download the X13 over the weekend.  Are there settings somewhere that I am missing?  I looked through the online help and several videos and cannot figure out how to fix this.  Help!

• By CCOTEY
      Hello,

I'm new to chief architect and I'm having trouble with this tricky sloped wall. For some reason this weird cut out that reflects the shape of the stair railings is showing up on the ceiling. If anyone has recommendations on how to fix this please share! Thanks

• By Markis
      Hello,
        I am having issues trying to show balusters in plan view. I clicked on draw newels and baluster , does not show.
      im on version 11.  
        thanks 
      mark

• By MRMChief
      Happy Holidays everyone.

I have a plan where I have a few places I need an exterior wall above a roof section, but a railing, or in one case, no wall below.  Is there a way to do this in Chief Architect X11?  The one opening in my screen shot shows some exterior molding, but no wall.  On the one that has the railing below it, I tried the lower wall type if split by roof, but I couldn't get it to show as a wall above and a railing below.  It was either only a railing or all wall.

I am on a macbook pro..

Thanks,

Michael

• By MTL-Homes
      Anybody have any idea whats going on with the intersections of these deck railings and the exterior walls? Cant get the original default siding to go away at the intersection. Have tried editing default material and making adjustments with the wall layer extents tool.