I cannot get the floor joists to  build.It originally a regular slab home.  but now it is pier and  beam with concrete  block around preiemerter at 8' o.c. or wha ever engineer specs out.  I cannot the the floor joist to build on first floor, cannot garage to show 4" drop with preimerter  walls and regular lab,garage left wall to close in. Rear deck will not show up in rendering either.

FFE 61.00, top of cmu  blocks 60.00, existing grade 57.30', top of grade beam 57.33. garagefloor 52.33 8 cmu blocks abovegarage slab.perfer 12" all around outside of garage foundation. 

I would appreciate getting the first floor joists to be installed. and the other issues.

Plan 5661LAF.GARAGE.PIER&BM.zip

rendering 1 exterior.jpg

rendering exterior.jpg

rendering right side.jpg

Open each room and uncheck Mono Slab.

Set the floor structure to Default.

18 hours ago, solver said:

This pretty much what I told him over the phone. The only other thing I mentioned to him was to maybe set one of the rooms as you describe. The select that room and use the "match properties" tool and click the rooms he wants to change instead of opening each room to make the changes.

I did this and it did not fix the issuers!as you can see on attachment. 

Still did not fix issue to get Floor josits to show on 1st floor foundation.  Do I need to draw joists in  manuely and cmu  below the josits? Engineer will  be designing,  butI need to show so perpective and  bldg section is right and close in with latice.  

Made the changes I suggested above, then built the foundation (changed wall type to CMU).

ct1.thumb.jpg.80828616cb22c931bf377bf6aab5f5b8.jpg

It just has 4 cmu stacked every so often 8-10' or whatever engineer says. I  believe I have it worked out. Just need to get garage slab  looking right, 18 in stem wall and siding above. . Need Open floor joist  in crawl space! Use lattice or some other product to close in betwee. ( I assume on elevations use poljyline and put  between cmu and put  material. 

Thank you solver,

rendering right side.jpg

Newel, most places around here and for sure the City Of Houston won't let you span more than 6' for the CMU blocks. I'm sure your engineer will know that though.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    KPawlyshyn
    Newest Member
    KPawlyshyn

• By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .

• By SpeleoWorm
      I have created a number of different wall types to show proper dimensions (i.e. when one side of the wall is 5/8" Type X and the other side is 1/2" drywall) as well as to calculate the correct material counts and to show the proper information in the schedules.  Unfortunately doing that seems to have a down side...it changes the framing as if they were separate walls instead of the same wall with different materials on them.  I have seen the following side effects (colors refer to screenshots below):

(Green Arrow) In unfinished rooms such as an attic storage space which only has a subfloor but no drywall, the walls get pushed up into the rafters by what appears to be 3". (Red Arrows) The floor joists and top/bottom plates are cut in the middle when they should be continuous pieces of wood.  In addition, you can see that the walls which are produced are not boxed at the end...the top & bottom plates stick out at the end. (Purple Arrow) Parts of the gable wall are not created.  In this case you could argue that it is not needed, but if a builder makes a wall he is not going to leave a hole in it. (Blue Arrows) An extra stud is added to a room that has no drywall, and therefore doesn't need nailer studs.  In addition, it looks like the other stud needed as a nailer for the finished room in the middle is missing from the plan view of the framing (see 2nd screenshot).  
      Am I doing this all wrong (creating separate wall types), or is there a way to use them and fix (any of) the issues I mentioned?

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS - I am a little surprised that the wall finish is not part of the room settings (like the floor & ceiling already are)...that would allow you to have continuous walls and still have different materials in each room (i.e. greenboard in the bath, 5/8" type X in a garage, unfinished in an attic, etc.

Example of Wall Issue.plan
    • By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?
    • By MichaelJerome
      Hi Again,
      After sending this plan to my engineer he has requested several things that are list in the pdf files.
      I can not combine framing layer 4 and 2 that are basically the same wall but separated. With the headers that the engineer is suggesting I will have to raise the ceiling, roof and trusses. I also need to have a soffit retained over the entry for lighting but have the outside ends match with no boxed soffit.  The are layers in the wall that appear as shapes in the drywall that I cannot seem to find or eliminate.  The windows cannot be lowered since the closet ceiling and the closet roof limit the movement in the wall.  I have drawn red lines for the framing that the engineer has requested but can't place the framing on the same layer. I would appreciate any insight on how to accomplish this so I can get it back to him for review and have accurate details for the layout and city plan review.

Thank you,
      Michael 
      Megale Center Plan 2.7.20.zip
      2nd Wall Layer 4 Megale Center Plan 2.7.20.pdf
      Megale Center Plan 2 2.7.20.pdf
      Megale Center Plan 2.7.20.pdf
      Wall Layer 2 Megale Center Plan 2.7.20.pdf
      Wall Layer 4 Megale Center Plan 2.7.20.pdf