Brick Vs Sheet Material

ebdesign

Why doesn't a sheet material show the pattern lines in vector view like the brick material does?

Seems this would be kinda handy for SIPS panel layout for elevations.

Because the sheet material type doesn't show pattern lines!

I guess that this is because it is mainly used for sheet linings like set plasterboard where you would not want the pattern to show.

There is nothing to stop you from using a brick or any other  pattern - it is only a name (mainly).

You can also use the Use Custom Pattern File on the Pattern tab - in which case the Material Type is "Custom".

If you are using the material list, you would also need to consider how you want the material reported - number of panels or square area.

I'm aware of the work-arounds, Glenn. Thanks.

Using them causes other problems elsewhere.

& besides, that's not the point.

WHY doesn't it show pattern lines?

It's a SHEET w/ a defined width & hgt.

Not a STRIP! & it's not a BRICK either.

& it does report correctly to the materials list....in SHEETS!

I can only repeat - because the sheet material type doesn't show pattern lines - by design!

The Brick Material Type doesn't mean it's actually brick, it's just using the same parameters as brick.

ie, it has depth, it is constructed of individual pieces that can be arranged in different ways and IT SHOWS THE BRICK TYPE PATTERN.

No problems Jim, but it's easier to just use a Brick Material Type and get the job done without getting hung up on the words.