ChiefUserBigRob

door color

hello everyone, i am new to chief and finding it very easy to learn. i have had no problems figuring out object colors. however, can anyone tell me how to change entryway colors. under materials it doesn't give me the option like everything else does. just the trim and casing colors. i need it burnt red to match the home. see below....thanks

Capture.PNG

Is that assembly -- door, sidelights, and transom from the library, or something you put together?

And please see this thread about creating your signature.

11 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

and i assume the signature is recommended so others can tell what version i'm on and what computer setup i have?

Exactly, except you left out the key piece of info -- the version of Chief you are using -- X10 Premier, or Interiors etc.

Those doors from the library are Mulled units. Often nested Mulled units. 

Read about mulling in the documentation.

You can access individual items in a mulled unit by clicking on the item, like the transom, then Tab, then opening the specification dialog.

If it's a nested mulled unit, press tab twice.

Experiment a bit and you will see how it works.

You can also Explode the mulled unit(s) and make changes.

If it is a material you can see on your screen, you could use the material painter tools.  Click on the one you want to capture and then click on the item you want to paint.  It is a great tool but don't use it to change siding types (do that under wall definitions).