JanHalter

Plot lines not displaying when all elevation views are on layout

I have tried changing my elevation views to live view on demand and it appears fuzzy and does not print correctly, however all brackets appear on the elevations.  If I change them all to plot line view only 2 of the 4 will display brackets...what gives?  If I refresh all, it switches from one set of 2 to the other set. So odd.  I've only been working in chief for 5 days, so surely it's something I'm doing wrong?

Please help!

Janea

Rafter P Drafting Millwork.layout

You need to include the Plan File with the layout otherwise views can't be refreshed.....

I see an office reno , so am not sure what Bracket you are talking about , I thought it was a Rafter Layout :)

PS it is best to Annotate in the Elevation View and then send to Layout, I am see cutoff Text boxes in this layout.

image.thumb.png.f6f6136ef1fc5d24d868678296075ccd.png

you should fill in your Forum sig. Janea, and let people know what Version of CA you are Using, it is important for answers,

see mine below.

Thanks Kbird1, I figured it was something I was doing wrong, been playing with CA only for nearly 5 days at this point...I have yet to figure it by any means.  Some stuff seems so intuitive, others I have to search forum and tutorials for.  But excited to learn more!  I will set up a forum sig.  

It's a renovation for our office, Rafter P Construction.  Sorry for the confusion there, new employee, new software...HA...we're proficient in CAD and Revit here, but this is a new one for us to wrap our brains around!

Thanks for all the answers.  Very helpful.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jaimeducusin
    Newest Member
    jaimeducusin

• By Designer100
      i have been trying to work this rear roof out and cannot seem to close it up.

I would appreciate anyone assisting me. this is all i like finishing up this project.

Thanks,

1411 Plan .zip
    • By wjmdes
      Most of my layout sheets have general notes such as SEE SHEET A7.1 FOR SCHEDULES.  On occasion, depending on the project, the sheet with schedules may change to A6.1.  Is there a way to reference a specific sheets label so if that changes it will change in the note and not have to do it manually?  I do not think there is, but trying to reduce some of the things I miss when doing a final review.

• By Ravenquills
      Hi everyone:

I am having an issue with a split level. I am using Chief X11.
      The plan i posted does not have foundations since when i add those things get really weird and I think I need to sort out the issue with the levels first or the foundation will never build right. I have a room that is going to be garage however no matter how i define it the door from that room into the main house is above the level of the ceiling. see attached photo. I have also attached the plan. The exterior walls are a sip wall customized according to the manufactures specifications with a layer for the furred interior walls. The total thickness on those walls is 10 5/8" The interior wall is a customized interior wall that is load bearing for use in certain areas of the design.

6242019 RFH (Shell2).plan

• By ChiefUserTuan
      We have owned a single family home for over 20 years and now are in need to legalize it from a Single Family Home to 2 units. We need to submit plans with elevation info to legalize. The home is in Oakland, CA. If you are in my area please contact me. Thank you.

• By FerneKing
      Im a new user - 24 hours into using Chief Architect!  I have the auto elevation tool on tool bar but cannot seem to get elevation views ? what am in doing wrong ?