butting base cabinets of unequal depth with a clipped corner

Colonelkeds

I am trying to butt an 18" deep x 20" high base (window seat) with 6" clipped corner against a 12" deep tall bookcase cabinet, but as soon as the cabinets touch, the clipped corner becomes squared. It comes back when cabinets are moved 1" apart. I tried a 1" filler, but the clip disappears then as well. How can I make this work? I also want a clipped countertop to die into the bookcase. Can this be done?

1 hour ago, Colonelkeds said:

I am trying to butt an 18" deep x 20" high base (window seat) with 6" clipped corner against a 12" deep tall bookcase cabinet, but as soon as the cabinets touch, the clipped corner becomes squared. It comes back when cabinets are moved 1" apart. I tried a 1" filler, but the clip disappears then as well. How can I make this work? I also want a clipped countertop to die into the bookcase. Can this be done?

For both sides clipped, keep the cabinet away from any others. With it not selected hold shift key and select it, then makes architectural block (icon at bottom), for clip one side only push the other side against a cabinet so clip goes away, shift select, block. For either move into place. 

To edit cabinet once block, select then tab to select the cabinet instead of block, open object. 

48 minutes ago, Colonelkeds said:

I am trying to learn CA Interiors X9 trial version. We do very custom cabinets and have a lot of unique situations, which led me to CA Pro. I want to use the program primarily as a visualization tool for my clients.

Missed, part, yes you can make counter work may need custom countertop depending what you meant 

Hi end cabinets get Chief Architect Premier IMO. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monikafb
    Newest Member
    Monikafb

• By Trawen
      Hi,
      I was wondering if I can somehow setup spaces between door of cabinets to make a significant line between them.

As you can see on the pictures, one (with that chairs) is what Chief does and spaces just disappear in render because they're too small, second one is image created via SketchUp, but I prefer Chief for modeling. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• By Trawen
      Hi, 
      I was trying out Chief Architect X12 and wanted to do a corner window, but as you can see on the pictures, sash does not go all the way in the corner, but rather than that is cut off before it.
      Does anyone have any suggestion how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

(on the last picture there is also added a post, but that does not affect bug at all)

• By MarkMc
      Some time back Graham, myself and a few folks played around with how to show a beaded inset cabinet in Chief.
      What were the best solutions at the time are a PIA to work with. I was in need of doing a job with either beaded inset frames or elite (which will be a bit harder and is far rarer so not here)
      I wanted some way to have a beaded inset frame that was easy to change door style on. Figured this out while driving back from client meeting.
      Plan attached has a bunch of base cabinets configured, one wall cabinet and one tall. I've also attached a library of the "doors" used as "side panel inset" to achieve the beading.
      These are 1/4" beads with a total width of 5/16"  Note that separation widths and heights need to be changed to get correct opening for doors or drawers.

From there you are on your own so open the DBX to see what's going on. Hope you like it, I'm pleased as punch
      Ran a quick rt while checking things-looks like I'll need some hardware with altered origins so they don't float.

Note that these will use the default door, the top (A) drawers use default, the larger B drawers are set individually so either clear or specify those. Leave the beading untouched.
      Discovered that the wall cabinet in the current plan is not set as a door but as a side panel inset. Either correct that your self of use the newly attached BeadInsetPlan_X12.
      Changing to wider combined cabinets involves selecting "layout" vertical or horizontal and splitting. Avoid messing with the beads. Bit tricky, always use a test cabinet.

• By banditz
      hi anyone there, anyone can help me out with these ? wall corner & line on wall, if there is anyone can help me, i would like sending the file .. please

• By rblack135
      I'm using Home Designer Pro and trying to overlay perpendicular roofs but cannot find the truss base tool. I assume the program does not feature this tool and I'm required to try and create overlay with poly's. Is there another way and if not, what version of CA would I need to purchase to access more advanced roof tools (I am manually setting roof trusses).