Add a Rollout into a cabinet with a drawer

1 hour ago, DaveBox said:

I am trying to add rollouts in drawer cabinets.

Have to make special door symbol that is specific height and will not resize-also have to add hardware to the door symbol not in the DBX. Means you need special ones for variations in door style and hardware. The width will change and you can change finish.

Attached has cabinet and symbols- faster than a complete explanation-check symbol stretch planes.

Drawer with RO.png

Drawer with ro.plan

• Like 2

Thanks Mark

Your plan is very helpful.

I like using rollouts and fixed shelves in drawers.

My work around was adding the rollout symbol, in the closed and open positions.

It is unfortunate that a work around is necessary rather than making shelves available with a drawer. 

Thanks again for your help.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Rander
    Newest Member
    Rander

• By Ak49GCD
      Hey everyone, I've been searching for an answer on this issue but can't figure it out. The shelves are not going into the wall niche, is there any specific reason as to why? I've adjusted the sizes both width and depth thinking maybe they were too large to go into the niche (even though the shelves are 1/2" smaller in each dimension compared to the niche.) Thanks for any advice.

• By Erick-FHbD
      Sorry folks, I am new to this forum and I deleted my post by accident while trying to respond.

I am trying to make a 24" wide pantry cabinet with full width roll out trays, but when I have double doors it makes it look like 2 rollout trays, one for each door side. Is there a workaround? When it's a single 24" door the rollout tray comes out perfectly, but I need a double door.

This time I added the plan.
      Cabinets with Rollouts.plan

• By goshgolly
      I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find anything specific that answers this question.

I'm trying to create a simple vanity with two drawers and an open shelf underneath (see inspiration image of "vanity").  I simply can't figure out a way/remember how to add a shelf other than by using the shelf command. While this works visually, it treats it as a separate part of the vanity, thereby creating two separate pieces.  In the Working Plan and Kitchen and Bath View plans, the shelf shows up on top of the sink while the 3d view shows the shelf in the correct place!  I guess maybe it's, in part, a layers thing?

I know there has to be a better way of doing this.  What am I missing/forgetting?

• By EGBPro
      I cannot get this shelf ceiling to behave. I have tried everything I can think of. The bathroom itself is vaulted. There is a water closet that also has a shelf ceiling but that one is perfect. I tried to match every parameter of that room to this one but nothing works. I have two ceilings to make things worse!!! ALso that horizontal band between the lower and upper walls just appeared as well!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!! Thanks.