When doing a Ray Trace the cabinets seem to be lit from the inside.

There were no lights added to these cabinets and it seems to be happening every time.

Kitchen Ray Trace Rev#2.jpg

Got a Roof ?  and a foundation Built ? ...ALWAYS build them even for interior only Plans.

It is what is called Light Bleed.....plenty of forum posts on it if you search....

Don't forget to fill in your Forum Signature too please... see mine below

34 minutes ago, dJanzenINTERIORS said:

I actually don't see your forum signature, what information would this include?

Thanks

You must have Sigs Off , in your account settings, check it so it goes green..... see blue below for how....

you should see this :

Mick

CA X10

Win10 Pro on (3) 32" BenQ BL3200PT Monitors 

Desktop - Custom Built with Asus X99A-II MB, 5820k CPU, 32GB RAM and EVGA Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti FTW2

*** to fill in your Signature like this .... go up to the top RH Corner above and click on your UserName> Account Settings> Signature.... and enable Signature (will Turn Green) then add your Hardware Details and Chief Software Version, as different Version require different Answers.

***To add Pics to your Posts please use Windows Snipping Tool , found under Windows Accessories in your Start Menu, Save the Snip to your Desktop and Drag it into the Light Grey Area of the Reply Window.

• Downvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Lufunoraf
    Newest Member
    Lufunoraf

• By MichaelaS
      What is the best method for displaying preliminary design concepts to clients of the same room? An example being kitchens; I want to show multiple cabinet layouts but would rather not have a multitude of plan sets for their project from doing a "Save As" method. 
    • By gridco14
      Hi!

I'm trying to get a wall mounted light inside a skylight well.   So far I figured I could put it on a wall nearby and specify the offset/height to get it to "appear" in the more or less correct place.  This kind of works, but I'm wondering if anyone has a more legit way of doing this?  I'm hopeful to get the light to automatically tilt with the slope of the well.

• By shsdesigner
      does anyone have any symbols that look similar to these?

• By pgjacob
      HI All
      I am ray tracing a scene with a 3D plant (from sketchup) and the shadows are showing squares rather than the actual shadow of the plant (1 pass image shown below).  I have purposely moved the sun around to cast shadows to the back of the image as I have found manually manipulating the sun gives much better RTs than using natural sun angles (at least for me).  I attach the skp file and what the plant looks like in the object info window of CA.  Any ideas how to get rid of this square shadow?  I uncheck the ray casted shadows in camera tool pre-ray trace, and it looks better but still ray traces with the square shadow.
      Thanks in advance,
      melissa

Blue Flax Lily.skp
    • By raltd9245
      I keep upgrading and all of a sudden I do not have any of the basic Lighting fixtures like a 4' Fluorescent surface mtd fixture.HELP