When doing a Ray Trace the cabinets seem to be lit from the inside.

There were no lights added to these cabinets and it seems to be happening every time.

Kitchen Ray Trace Rev#2.jpg

Got a Roof ?  and a foundation Built ? ...ALWAYS build them even for interior only Plans.

It is what is called Light Bleed.....plenty of forum posts on it if you search....

Don't forget to fill in your Forum Signature too please... see mine below

34 minutes ago, dJanzenINTERIORS said:

I actually don't see your forum signature, what information would this include?

Thanks

You must have Sigs Off , in your account settings, check it so it goes green..... see blue below for how....

you should see this :

Mick

CA X10

Win10 Pro on (3) 32" BenQ BL3200PT Monitors 

Desktop - Custom Built with Asus X99A-II MB, 5820k CPU, 32GB RAM and EVGA Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti FTW2

*** to fill in your Signature like this .... go up to the top RH Corner above and click on your UserName> Account Settings> Signature.... and enable Signature (will Turn Green) then add your Hardware Details and Chief Software Version, as different Version require different Answers.

***To add Pics to your Posts please use Windows Snipping Tool , found under Windows Accessories in your Start Menu, Save the Snip to your Desktop and Drag it into the Light Grey Area of the Reply Window.

• Downvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jaimeducusin
    Newest Member
    jaimeducusin

• By pgjacob
      HI All
      I am ray tracing a scene with a 3D plant (from sketchup) and the shadows are showing squares rather than the actual shadow of the plant (1 pass image shown below).  I have purposely moved the sun around to cast shadows to the back of the image as I have found manually manipulating the sun gives much better RTs than using natural sun angles (at least for me).  I attach the skp file and what the plant looks like in the object info window of CA.  Any ideas how to get rid of this square shadow?  I uncheck the ray casted shadows in camera tool pre-ray trace, and it looks better but still ray traces with the square shadow.
      Thanks in advance,
      melissa

Blue Flax Lily.skp
    • By raltd9245
      I keep upgrading and all of a sudden I do not have any of the basic Lighting fixtures like a 4' Fluorescent surface mtd fixture.HELP

• By MPhillips
      Gentlemen,

I have placed a dishwasher in a cabinet, and it fits fine, but when I do an interior iso, tt move to the back of the cabinet.  I pull back into place, but it moves on its own back to the translated position.  I have included two screen snips showing the problem.

Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong.

Merlin

• By BWoods
      I'm currently using Chief Architect Premier X11 and have been tasked with drawing this kitchen for a customer, as pictured. I know how to do bow fronts, radius ends, etc, but can't find any way (or tutorial) on how to do what I'm looking for. The customer wants a sink base with an almost tilde shape (~) and a bowed corner cabinet, both with curved backs. Is this possible?

Edit: Also, for the corner cabinet to the left of the sink base, they want the lower portion straight up, to have the top half go into a radius to make the sink base work properly for this layout. 

Thanks in advance. 

• By robdyck
      A bit late in the day to be starting an old topic. What the heck is the deal with random wall lighting issues in PBR? I've tried every toggle and adjustment I can find but I can't get a couple of walls to display properly. It's clearly not a specific lighting issue because the problem is with a few walls. I recorded the PBR adjusting itself and somewhere along the way it gets it just right...but then just keeps on going. All I'd need is a slider tool so I could manually reverse / forward that process and then stop it where I'd like it.

And while I was working on this I had an epiphany! I added a wallcovering to my offending walls, using the same material, and BOOM! They all play along now! This could possibly go in the 'tip and tricks' section.