We're a growing Design/Build firm looking for a full-time designer/draftsperson. Reach out to me if you're interested.
We offer competitive pay, an amazing team environment, health insurance and more. Here is the designer's job description:
The Drafter/Designer will work with customers and the project manager to design residential projects for clients. The Drafter/Designer will have the support of the Project Manager and the Project Developer through the process. The Designer will be the primary person responsible for creating the design. This will include, but isn't limited to, drawings and selections.
• Conceptualize and communicate design concepts
• Listen well and understand customer needs & desires
• Measure and create accurate measured drawings of buildings
• Create accurate site plans
• Use CAD software to create plan sets
• Serve as product expert for the customer
• Communicate effectively with customers and counsel them about products, finishes and colors
• Counsel customers regarding how their selections affect the budget
• Knowledge of residential building and construction
• 1+ years' experience in interior design and/or construction management
• Knowledge of and ability to use CAD software
Preferred: Degree in Architecture, or Interior Architecture
Need help in Portland OR area getting current HD Pro defaults set up for my project on a Mac.
I would love to play with this software like a game but I need to submit plans soon if I am to turn any dirt this summer.
I am a (pounding head on desk) complete HD noob designing a single story open floorpan ICF (insulated concrete form) home.
I do not want someone to hand over complete documents since it is my goal to learn this software and explore alternatives for this and future projects.
The defaults are definitely messing up my attempts to create plans for ICF construction.
Small architecture firm specializing in remodels is looking for someone experienced with CA for part-time assignments.
Please respond if you're local to Portland, Oregon.