No templates available when starting a new plan

Stevblev

I have been having issues with little things here and there since I upgraded to windows 10. I can open a previously saved plan fine and everything looks good. But when I try to create a new plan no templates are available and I get a pop up that says " The default template "M" was not found". I have uninstalled, and reinstalled, as well as renaming the template folder in program files to template old, and deleting the template files all together. 

30 minutes ago, Stevblev said:

I have been having issues with little things here and there since I upgraded to windows 10. I can open a previously saved plan fine and everything looks good. But when I try to create a new plan no templates are available and I get a pop up that says " The default template "M" was not found". I have uninstalled, and reinstalled, as well as renaming the template folder in program files to template old, and deleting the template files all together. 

The Files in Program files>Template are the Backup templates not the ones in use , those are in your Chief Data Folder>Templates , which is usually in My Documents.

Chief uses the ones in the Program Files folder to fix any issues with the ones in the Data Folder if needed.

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version, and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............
See mine below in Blue for how to do that.

If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum so you need to Toggle it on by going to the Upper RH Corner of this Forum Window and Clicking on your Username and making sure Signature are enabled (green) and then Add your Own Sig. too :

UserName> Account > Signatures

M.