Set all text to specific layer

madcowscarnival

It's hard to frame this question, and why my searches haven't turned up much.

To set CAD to draw on a specific layer, there is the nifty button "CAD" that does so.

Is there such a thing for text?  I have a specific layer "Text, Code", that I want to use on a specific set "Code Set".

Is there a way to make all "text", "rich text" and "leaders" to draw on the "Text, Code" layer without going into the default settings and creating a new text set and assigning that new text set to that layer?  I can do that, but I will often switch between layers as I complete different areas (or during revisions).  Having a more speedy, streamlined process would be nice.

Proper use of Layer Sets, Annosets, Text Styles, etc is very powerful.

Then using "Saved Plan Views" to send to Layout is the next step.

Yes, the setup can take some time - and you will be almost constantly modifying it - but it's worth every bit of time you put into it.

Don't forget to spend extra time setting up a "Remodel" project setup.  

For Design Options, I just make copies of the Plan and modify them.  That way you can use the same Annosets and Layer Sets. 

Don't try to handle that with just different Layer Sets as it will result in conflicts with displayed vs non-displayed 3D objects such as cabinets, appliances, walls, doors, windows, etc.  Separate saved Plans is a much cleaner way to go and it preserves each design as a separate file.