Treads of U Shaped Stairs Stretching to Stairwell Width

Anna_Gorres

Hello,

I am having issues with an open u-shape stair design. The tread is stretching to be the entire width of the stairwell. I have looked at my stair defaults, but cannot find anything. What is wrong? Is there a way to build manually?

It will be a stacked, open, u-shape staircase.

Attached is the image of the problem and my .ca file.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Anna 

U-Shape Stair Issue.JPG

Bolles_Schematic_Final.zip

Solver - I guess I did't realize the winder didn't' need be be unchecked in a u-shape stair. I didn't even know what a winder was until a few days ago. The good thing about Chief is it forces you to learn things about construction (young designer, almost everything is new to me).

Thanks for your help!

3 minutes ago, solver said:

Your building is drawn far from the 0,0 point, which often causes problems.

To help with this in the future , in your Template Plan , use the Insert Point Tool to place one at 0,0 and then find the Point and then save the plan , so that when you open a new plan the 1st thing you see is an X ....which you can delete from the same menu as the Place point Tool or simple hit the Delete key while nothing is selected in the plan.

You can also turn on the Status Bar and Coordinates in Preferences so you can see where the Cursor is , if not done already.....

The 0,0 and drawing close to it usually solves most of the Z-Fighting Issues Eric has shown.

• Like 1

Thank you, Mick. I do start all projects at 0,0, but with my brainstorming do a lot of copy and paste, so the final plan that is decided on is far away from the initial 0,0. I didn't realize it was an issue. Do you think doing what Eric has outlined above will work, or is it best to copy and paste into a new plan, to start at the 0,0?

40 minutes ago, Anna_Gorres said:

Thank you, Mick. I do start all projects at 0,0, but with my brainstorming do a lot of copy and paste, so the final plan that is decided on is far away from the initial 0,0. I didn't realize it was an issue. Do you think doing what Eric has outlined above will work, or is it best to copy and paste into a new plan, to start at the 0,0?

NO need to Copy and Paste as you work to a new Plan, simply do a SAVE AS with a revision Name or Number and you have an Identical Plan.

this saves all the settings etc , in Defaults you may have changed from your Template , the Defaults in the Template, can mess up a plan if C&P is used eg say you went from 8ft stud height to 9ft etc ...you'd have to fix all that.

a little more info on z-fighting :

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00107/troubleshooting-why-materials-appear-to-flicker-when-a-camera-view-is-rotated.html

M.

• Like 1