Can't figure the right wall combinations

Larry_Sweeney

1. The wall area in question is circled at the left on the first floor of plan. I'm after 1/2" sheetrock on the interior walls and Horz. V-groove siding on all the exterior areas. I think most of the problem arises with the roofs intersecting the wall at different levels on opposite sides of the wall and the sloped area on the second floor level. I tried dividing the wall into three areas (the wing-siding on both sides, wall with window-upper wall siding on both sides, lower wall cut by roof, siding on one side sheetrock on other, and third area- upper wall, siding on both sides, lower wall cut by roof, sheetrock on both sides. There is also a wall  to "finish out the area" on the 2nd floor level. I've tried all different combinations and I'm getting nowhere. I'm either missing making a mountain out of a mole hill or I'm working the program too hard.

2. Is this a BUG? Wall "A" has a lower and upper wall. With the upper wall aligned with the "wing wall" it is attached to I click on wall "A" to show the lower wall. When I do that the lower wall jumps out of alignment with the "wing wall" by 3/4". No matter how careful I try to place the lower wall "A" it will not align with the wing wall. If I go back to showing the upper "A" wall it is aligned. The lower "A" should be set at 6'10" instead of the red circled 6'9 1/4". This same "jumping" occurs  when I try to show the lower wall in plan view where the window is located in the first "problem wall" I talked about. I've been working on this remodel off and on for sometime and it seems to have had all sorts of issues. I have submitted these issues to tech support, but I thought I would also check here with you all. As always your advice and time are much appreciated. 

CHANDLER 08082018.zip

16 hours ago, solver said:

I didn't look at the wall issues, but consider using a ceiling plane to cap the walls. It draws at the correct slope. and automatically cuts the top of walls, and walls seem to behave better if they are not manually modified.

ct1.thumb.jpg.5e94f9ed68f49212238dbb89249d1950.jpg

That's definitely thinking outside of the box! Thank you.

16 hours ago, solver said:

I placed an Open Below room above, and set ceiling heights to defaults.

You have multiple wall types that don't want to align correctly, and i don't know which types are correct.

CHANDLER remodel 8A (eric).zip

I'm not sure why to use the "OPEN BELOW" room above, but it works. Can you explain why?

I had multiple wall types so the siding would be showing correctly on all areas of the exposed exterior wall surfaces above the roofs on both sides of that wall. I had to change your "Attic Wall" to have siding on both sides above the roofs. Everything looks good now. As we see here with my problem (which is partly self-imposed I'm sure), the program can be used most of the time to fix the problem, but it takes a VERY skilled person understanding the different aspects to figure it out. Thank you so much for your time, knowledge and advice. Have a great day.