RandyWeber

Would like help learning Home Designer

Hi, 

I would like to speak with someone who would be interested in teaching me the Home Designer software in a more in Depth way. I'm an IT consultant currently in transition to renovating homes. There are several items that I am having trouble with that are probably very easy for someone to show or teach me. 

Thank you in Advance, 

Randy

HI, 

I have Home Designer Pro 2019. I consider myself Entry level, in terms of using the product. 
I clicked on "Seeking Services" but perhaps this topic belongs somewhere else? 

Thank you, 

Randy

You are in the correct spot. David is probably your best bet if you are wanting one on one training.

Have you reviewed the training materials available via the Home Designer website -- videos and knowledge base articles? Also the Chief Architect YouTube channel has good videos showing start to finish projects.

I started with Home Designer and learned from these resources, and came from an IT background.

And keep the HomeTalk forum in mind. David and I both respond there. 

David Jefferson Potter

Expert with Chief Architect Inc software

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver

Win10 Pro x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD, AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X10, Home Designer versions 7-2019 

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118 Austin, Texas 78728 Tel.512-518-3161 E Mail:davidjpotter@twc.com

My You Tube Channel            My Houzz Page

http://djpdesigns.com           Find out about my tutorial service!

Follow me on Facebook          My Sketchfab site

Nice to see that I'm not the only one with an IT background. :)

Thank you for the info. I'll contact him. 

I started with Chief after 30 years in the IT industry :)

Lew

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ludwickconst
    Newest Member
    ludwickconst

• By james_carey
      Carey Bros,. Remodeling, a San Francisco Bay Area based Design-Build Remodeling Contractor for over four decades, is seeking a draftsperson and design professional. Individual must be proficient in Chief Architect and have the skill to create as-built drawings using measurements and sketches provided by Carey Bros. Kitchen, bathroom, and space planning experience a plus. All services to be provided off-site. Please provide resume and product examples. james@careybros.com. www.careybros.com.
    • By DCB123
      I am a creative Cadd designer with unique experience and perspective from my collection of work as a designer. I have 10 years experience as an engineering tech and cadd designer, working for architects and engineers.

I  use Chief Architect Premier X9 - X11(SSA member) and have used Chief Architect since Version X6, or for roughly 5-8 years. I use Team Viewer and Zoom meeting to conduct online meetings and review work together online. I am technologically versed in all types of Cadd programs, and other software that help me in my design business.

I am happy to talk with you about your design needs, or to review your plan with you online to see how we could work together. I am on the east coast of SW Florida. My rates can be discussed on a per project basis, or hourly based on the size and scope of the project.

Douglas Burgmann
      Accurate As-Builts & Design
      (970)987-4476 cell
      email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      Web: http://www.dcbcaddesigns.com
      FB: dcb1234

DCB Designs_Resume-(08-10-17) - FL.docx
      Pattillo Recomendation Letter0001.pdf

• By brmurphy
      I have Home Designer Suite 2019 and would like to find someone to draw my entire house in the software. I would mail a copy of the original paper house plans and then would like the house professionally drawn in the software so that I can go in and edit and make changes over time.