unblocking bathroom partition set

madcowscarnival

Is it possible to unblock the bathroom partition "sets"?  Specifically "ADA right"?  This would be a very handy fixture to use, but I need a wall stretched an additional 18 inches.  If I simply drag to the needed location, it stretches along the block rather than just a wall.  It would be very handy to manipulate individual objects rather than creating the restroom partitions by hand.

Thank you for the replies folks.  I attempted the creative stretching in the "edit object" -> "sizing" dialogue, but it doesn't appear to change the symbol in plan.  Deleting the surface doesn't give me the option to move the mounts.  The object stays combined, just with the surface gone.  I would like to be able to explode the object, like the opposite of the architectural block command.  Attached is what I'm trying to accomplish.  I would like to make the symbols work so I don't have a bunch of individual rooms in a single restroom.

Clipboard01.png

Maybe I am not understanding this correctly but it seems you need to make the partitioned bathroom stall approximately 18" deeper front to back.  If so the stretch plane appears to already be set up correctly for that function straight from the core library. And it appears to be functioning correctly.

Y stretch plane.JPG

Chopsaw, that is indeed the dialog box I am attempting to modify.  I change the values in that box, but after closing out of the edit box, nothing is reflected in the plan (needed) or in 3-D (checked just in case it was showing up there.

I will research modifying symbols in that manner to find out if I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.  Edited all three axis lengths individually, through a variety of lengths.  None produced any actual change in the appearance.  Though the changes "remained" when I went back in to edit mode.

Yes ok that is the problem.  Leave the symbol settings as I posted above and then open the object DBX and change the depth from 98" to 116".  Most people have difficulty finding the Symbol DBX but I see you have that figured out.

The symbol DBX settings are for the bounding box not the object.

Eric's suggestions are not incorrect, just a little more involved than what I understand you are suggesting is required right now.