tdroes82

Attic Wall Default

Can someone tell me where the setting is to change the "default" attic wall when one is generated?

I would like to change the siding color through defaults, so I do not have to always change manually.

Thanks.

attic wall default.plan

Attic walls are a copy of the wall below. There is no default.

I've made a suggestion that we have control over this.

10 hours ago, solver said:

Attic walls are a copy of the wall below. There is no default.

I've made a suggestion that we have control over this.

WARNING:  What your are about to read is ridiculously convoluted.  For your own

safety you should stop reading here.  

Its actually not necessarily quite that simple Eric.  If the wall below is an exterior wall AND its exterior side is oriented correctly, AND you have a non-default material assigned to your default exterior wall, then the attic walls will obey the material setting for your default exterior wall's exterior material.  So...

You could change the material for your default exterior wall (in the material tab, NOT the wall definition) and draw your exterior walls using a wall type from your library that is assigned to a custom Place Library Object button and by doing so, create a quasi default attic wall setting.  You would use the custom button to draw your exterior walls with and you would use the Exterior Wall Default as your "Attic Wall Default".  This really only addresses the exterior material though and I would consider the term workaround for this one extremely generous at best.  

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CAJNENT
    Newest Member
    CAJNENT

• By SNestor
      Can someone tell me how to construct the attic wall above a curved ceiling as shown below?  I tried placing a wall in the attic (attic wall) but all you get is a standard triangular shaped attic wall...the bottom edge of the attic wall does not follow the curved of the ceiling.  

Thanks!

Here is the curved ceiling...no attic wall.

Here is "with" an "attic wall"...

• By DCB123
      Hey Guys, gals;

I am having some difficulties getting this outer second floor wall (below) and the attic wall above to align up properly here?
      I am working in Chief X9, on this project, please see the photos below(attached), and if you would be so kind, give me your solutions 
      to this problem? (i.e.) I went up into the attic floor level, as I saw no attic wall there to align with the second floor below either...?
      Thx,

Douglas Burgmann
      Accurate Asbuilts & Design

• By country
      This is a design job I am currently working on.
      I am attempting to show shingle siding in some of the gable ends.  I have changed the wall type on the upper front gable and garage gable, turned off auto attic walls but it is remaining siding to match the existing walls below.  I'm sure I have done it this way before but maybe not.  I will now turn Chief off and restart.
      I thought I would ask here before sending to tech support in case it is something obvious.  Tech support takes a while (or more) to get back and I would really like to keep working on this exterior so I can get it off to clients.  I could use the material painter but that is a last ditch option that I shouldn't have to use.
      AtticWalls041218..zip

• By wjmdes
      Not sure why suddenly the attic walls will not generate.  I have checked the defaults and set the walls to full gable.  When I manually draw them in, they are not cut by the roof plane.  Any ideas??  (X8)
      15-1071 Ridgewood Garage.plan
    • By bernie
      hi,
      trying to draw my roof framing properly all in trusses (not rafters)

when manually putting a single truss on the left hand roof,
      chief is drawing the truss all the way across over the middle roof plane.
      suspect it is something to do with my attic wall settings? separating the 2 roof plane regions?

what are the correct chief settings to put on the wall(s) objects, roof groups, room settings,
      so when I manually draw a truss on the 3 roof planes, they 'behave' and draw as they should?

notes:
      1. when I build my roof framing in rafters, all is sweet
      2. yes, I set the sides = high shed, end = full gable
      3. running latest x6. could be an x5 file. shouldnt matter.

attached is my .plan file cut down and some screen capture showing the issues - there are several truss issues - what are the correct chief model settings?.

cheers,
      bernie
      NZ

ps: scott this would be a good video to show how to do trusses in the 'real world'....

1460_x6_henessey11cutdown.zip