Cabinet Finished Ends?

BrettL

Hello All,

I am brand new to Chief Architect and have been watching videos and looking at the reference guides trying to learn how to use CA for kitchen design.  

I am having trouble understanding how (or if) CA handles finished ends and interiors.  I have figured out that a schedule can be made that will show the Automatic Finished Ends. This seems to come apart when you have, for instance, a 24" tall wall cabinet sandwiched between two 36" tall wall cabs (like over a sink). The 36" tall cabs should include finish ends, but don't.

Also, is there a way of changing the color of one side or the interior of a cabinet, as you would see in real world?

Thanks

For Finished Ends, you need to open the Cabinet dbx and select the side you want to modify.  There's a drop-down that allows you to specify what sort of treatment that face of the cabinet gets.

There's no easy way to specify inside colors different from outside colors.

BTW, you should ask questions in the "Q&A Forum", not "Tips and Techniques".  

20 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

There's no easy way to specify inside colors different from outside colors.

What I use for this (as my default cabinet) is here-only issue is fillers need the "back: changed to unfinished so I keep them in the library and/or copy them around the plan AND I have a few different depths made.

7 minutes ago, BrettL said:

I'll post in Q&A next time.

Put this over there and I'll show you how I deal with finished sides that solves the issues you have run into. It's not perfect but works for me.