Knee wall over roof

Doug_N

I had posted this before and DSHall was good enough to post a reply, but then I clicked on a wrong button and deleted the whole thread by accident.  

Mr. Hall, if you could would you please repost your solution along with the plan file?  I tried your solution but couldn't get it to work.  I must be doing something wrong.

Doug

Renovation Plan.plan

2018-05-04_8-09-18.thumb.jpg.8bc2e2c439f326376a476676b0022fee.jpg

Most of the building is a close estimate, but the top floor of the extension with the popup roof and skylights is new.

What I am trying to do is to make the wall in the highlighted area.

Doug Norton

Whitby Ontario

905 409 8487

Renovation Plan.plan

Hey Eric,

Thanks for that.  I appreciate the feedback and help.  I noticed the stubby roof was moved away from the building, did you need to do that to place the attic wall?

Doug

2.thumb.jpg.7f9bd67d06f36731e3faa49b445a11b6.jpg3.thumb.jpg.506f19c229b0ce3bcd4f67302389fa54.jpg

The stubby roof seemed to be inside the structure instead of outside. I was not sure where it should be.

Moving it cleaned up the wall connection, but did not prevent the new wall from showing.

ct1.thumb.jpg.419ee78e45abbb61a324e42424e9da41.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kbuilddesign
    Newest Member
    kbuilddesign

• By marlem2000
      I started working on a wall niche thinking I wouldn’t have any problem but the more I walk, the more doubts I get.
      Here they go a good bunch of questions related to this:

- If I remove the frame of the wall niche I get a brown texture that I want to replace by the one I used on the floor of the room. How can I expand that one inside the niche?
      - Then, is it possible to change the color of the wall niche inside (not the whole wall)?
      - The same way, is it possible to change the color of part of the wall?
      - Now related to the cross section view, it’s almost impossible to select some objects because there are other elements in front of them. How can I do that? And, at the same time, why some objects aren’t visible in this view?
      I know; too many questions. Sorry!

• By marlem2000
      Hello!
      I hope everybody is enjoying this year that’s ending.
      I’d like making a question before 2023 comes. Is there a way to make some kind of “up holes” in a wall in order to set some puck lights up too?
      First, I tried with a wall niche but it’s too thin. I don’t know if I’ll have to use a pony wall or other but I have never worked with them so I’m feeling a bit lost. Any idea?

Many thanks and Happy New Year!

• By MN_JohnH
      I can't figure out why my walls are not meeting the roof.
      I run into this a lot and usually finagle walls by puling on their handles etc but changing from gable wall to hip wall etc seems to make no difference in how the wall acts.
      I just want them to act like when I first drew them where they just automatically connect with the roof.

plan.plan
    • By DRyeHD
      I'm having a problem getting a deck to remain when I try to contain it under a roof.  The function of the roofs to the covered deck are to make a covered walkway to the covered deck.  I didn't know where to begin searching for this issue so I'm posting this.

The attached screenshot shows where I'm able to get the roof and deck to look right (4'-1") and where the deck room conflicts with the roof (4'-0").  Ideally, I would make these both 4'-0".  When I try to adjust the deck rail in or out from the back of the house (shown at 4'-0") the deck disappears.

I have attached the .pln file.  Any advise is appreciated.

Ingram2.zip
    • By mprovost129
      Ever since I upgraded to X14 I've had an issue where the trim doesn't populate on some of my roofs / roof belts. Has anyone else had this issue? Maybe I should try reinstalling X14? These roofs were copied from the adjacent roof that has the trim and has the same properties. It just makes no sense. I sent a request to support, and they couldn't recreate it at the time.

220804 - Krupa Residence - Lot 8C The Preserve at Brook St. Rehoboth, MA.zip