Attic Walls

country

This is a design job I am currently working on.

I am attempting to show shingle siding in some of the gable ends.  I have changed the wall type on the upper front gable and garage gable, turned off auto attic walls but it is remaining siding to match the existing walls below.  I'm sure I have done it this way before but maybe not.  I will now turn Chief off and restart.

I thought I would ask here before sending to tech support in case it is something obvious.  Tech support takes a while (or more) to get back and I would really like to keep working on this exterior so I can get it off to clients.  I could use the material painter but that is a last ditch option that I shouldn't have to use.

AtticWalls041218..zip

Wall Definition2.JPG

Wall Definition.JPG

Is this something I will have to do all the time in X10?  It was never required before.  If you changed the wall type and it had a different siding material, it changed. 

I have had this happen on a couple X10 jobs and thought it was because I brought them in from X9 (tech support thought this too) but this one was started in X10 with a brand new template.

Thanks Michael.  I will give that a try in the morning.  Obviously, something I must have done wrong when setting up the template plan.  I'm surprised Tech Support didn't notice that.

Eric.  I never "paint" anything unless I am doing some interior work after the construction drawings are complete or I use a seperate, save as, plan.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Maggie331
    Newest Member
    Maggie331

• By LeeDrafter
      Hello,
      I would like to use a metal siding similar to this picture, and I can't find a similar material in CA. The closest I see is vertical paneling. I can adjust the angle so it's horizontal and change the scale for wider boards, but I don't know how to get rid of the wood grain look and change it to a metal texture. Any advice on a material texture that would work well? 

Also, does anybody know what this type of large scale horizontal metal siding is called? Perhaps there is more information on Chief Talk already, but I didn't know what to search for since I don't know the technical name for this material. Thanks so much!

Lee
      X12
    • By TonytheArcht
      I've searched over all materials in the library and in bonus libraries unable to find a wall material that alternates between skinny and wide planks. The closest material I can find is the "Board and Batten" siding which has fixed skinny battens and wide boards. I know about sizing the image but what I'd really like to find is a material that I can control for both plank sizes--say, 4" & 8", or 3" & 6", or 2" & 7", etc. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks, Tony.

Chief Premiere X13, Dell computer, 64-bit OS, 11th Gen, Core i9, Windows Pro 11.
    • By Travis-Garcia
      I cannot seem to figure out how to make this exposed gable have the same shiplap siding on it that the house has. I built the patio piece by piece using framing members and added roof planes and ceiling planes then added the gable. Now II cannot figure out how to add siding. 

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2021

• By AJ_Wrangler
      having a difficult time getting the clear story wall done.  tried quite a few different ideas but none really worked well.  i drew in an attic wall but when i try to extend it forward it screws up the walls below.

Anyone know how to do it correctly?  i have uploaded a few pics of the area and my plan file.

thanks  andy

LL V5 floor framed v2.plan
    • By Randall30
      I want to put vertical weathered lap siding on a house exterior but I do not see this in the materials listing, there is only horizontal weathered lap siding as shown in attached image. Is there a way to make it vertical??? Ultimately I am trying to go for a look like with the Juvet Landscape Hotel siding (photo attached). Can anybody help me? (I am using Chief Architect Home Designer Suite 2016 and if I can get this to work I will likely upgrade to the Architect version.). If needed I am even willing to purchase a separate materials library if it would accomplish this. Or do I need to create my own material?