Question: If I have Home Designer Pro 2019  and want to download materials in the 3D library - paid or non paid versions

what do I click on if it only gives me the following..

x1 - x10

but it says that it is compatible with my version in the compatible list...

Chief Architect Premier
Chief Architect Interiors
Home Designer Pro
Home Designer Essentials
Home Designer Interiors
Home Designer Suite
Home Designer Architectural
Versions: X4 / 2012 (2.13 MB)
X5 / 2014 (2.13 MB)
X6 / 2015 (3.88 MB)
X7 / 2016 (3.88 MB)
X8 / 2017 (3.85 MB)
X9 / 2018 (3.85 MB)
X10 / 2019 (3.85 MB)

image.thumb.png.b2abf823d7750b6a8333819d2153554e.png

Thanks for the feedback

D-

Best to contact Chief Architect directly.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Reboreb
    Newest Member
    Reboreb

• By AlisonWD
      Hello, 
      I am applying a wood material to kitchen cabinets and the wood grain is going vertical in the doors and horizontal in the drawers.
      I checked the cabinet specifications and it shows only one material for doors.
      How can I do the wood grain the same direction in the doors and drawers?
      Thank you. 

• By Chief_Content
      Update 11-26-2019
      Tile Builder
      -Dropped Beta tag
      -Added a resolution drop down "Output Size" for bigger/smaller texture options
      Higher resolutions will let you get smoother edges on non-square tile patterns and the added pixel count will allow for thinner grout lines. Higher resolutions can also clog up your machine and Chief if you use a lot of them, so unless you aren’t getting the look you need, I’d stick with 512 or 1024 output sizes.  Map responsibly.  
      -Added Picket Tile and Penny tile to the shape drop down

-Changed “thin tile” to 4:1 tile

-Added a slider for Grout width.  Again, if you need thinner grout then what’s being shown, you’ll need to up your resolution under Output Size.

-Added a color selector for tile color, behaves just like the grout color options.  If you want an eyedropper, open the color selector and hit “pick.”
      Color Hue is still included for fine tune adjustments.  Keep an eye on your hue if you eyedrop to another color and it’s not matching, more times than not your color is being skewed by the hue slider.  
      -Added a color variation slider to get some non-uniform color.  Randomly darkens some tiles to varying degrees.

-Added a finish drop down for hand glaze options.

Fabric Builder Beta added
      Single color and multi-color builders for different fabric types.  See parameters below for details.

Update 4-17-2019 
      Wood_Builder_Beta added
      Multiple species of both uncut wood for furniture as well as various cut sizes for hardwood flooring.  See parameters below for details.

Original Post...
      Our Content Development Team has been churning out new PBR friendly materials over the past few releases. These are materials that include a combination of Normal Maps, AO Maps, Roughness Maps, and Metal Maps. We use a software specifically designed to generate custom materials for 3D Rendering called Substance Designer. The program leverages parametric values to control sizing, colors, pattern, and other elements to generate unique tile-able texture maps along with automatically producing the other relevant maps need to create the effects that you expect to see in PBR and Ray Trace views.

Our process includes generating individual materials then importing them into Chief Architect and distributing the catalogs that you download and use. This converts the parametric materials into static images that aren't as flexible as those that are created in the Substance Designer Program.

Much like the Client Viewer and 3D Viewer products that are available for use with Chief Architect, Substance offers a product that allows others to leverage the parametric files to create their own custom materials... without needing to be an expert of the full-fledged program. We would like to invite you to try it out and create your own custom materials from the file we've set up for Tile.

How does it work?

First of all, a healthy understanding of how materials work inside of Chief Architect is a good starting point, and we just happen to have a primer ready for you here:
      Advanced Materials

You should also be comfortable with controlling materials, as described in this video:
      Creating Custom Materials and Colors

Once you understand how Chief Architect behaves with different properties and maps, you can dig right in and make your own maps using Substance Player (a free download) and these source files we've set up to generate materials.

Substance Player

Tile_Builder.sbsar
      Wood Builder Beta.sbsar
      Single Color Fabric.sbsar
      Multi_Color_Fabric.sbsar

After you’ve installed Substance Player, simply load the material type you wish to customize and get to work. To assist, we have a quick video showing how to use Substance Player to get your custom maps into Chief Architect:
      Substance Player

We'd love to hear what you think. Is this useful? Are there other material types you'd like to try with the Substance Player tool? Voice any requests or questions here, or via e-mail to content@chiefarchitect.com . 

Chief Architect is not affiliated in any way with the Substance Designer or Substance Player software programs. Chief Architect will not be able to offer any support for the Substance software products or files. Using the program and files is completely voluntary. Substance compatible files are provided simply as a gesture, with no guarantees, extended to give access to more material options for those who are interested.
    • By YoderW
      Hey all,

Is there a way to control what Chief names each material as it's importing a model as a collada (.dae) file?

At my company, we use Chief to build the base model and then export as a collada file to import into Lumion to render. Lumion's latest version has the ability to automatically replace materials with "glass" or "water" in the name with those kinds of materials when importing, but for some reason Chief will randomly assign names to materials during the collada export process like "mat127-material," regardless of what they are named in the material settings. Other export processes will keep the material names, but those have their own problems in Lumion. The 3DS format, for example, is the best alternative, but it changes the scale of the model. 

I can't seem to find anywhere in the preferences to mess with export settings, though. It's nothing that totally breaks our workflow, as it only takes a couple seconds to replace the material, but it would be a nice little quality-of-life feature we could take advantage of if we could get Chief to cooperate. 
    • By PPRGLLC
      I'm trying to change the material for the trim alongside my stairs independent of the riser material. I want the trim to match the baseboards in the rest of the house and the riser to match the tread. Is it possible to separate the trim and the riser material in the stair definition dialog?
    • By JGSpruell
      Chief Architect + Lumion + Photoshop