X 10 curosities

rcmcdougle

I just upgraded from X 8 and am very happy with X 10 so far. I'm working on a renovation project in an old building in NYC. There are practically no walls that are orthogonal, parallel or perpendicular. I have attached an image that shows my issues.

1) I have a cursor that I have never seen before. What does it mean?

2) It is very tedious to keep toggling the "Ignore off angle walls" indicator. Is there a way to disable this alert in preferences for this plan?

3) I am generating a lot of messy wall intersections. How do I clean these up or turn the display off?

Thanks for the help,

Robb

Chief X10 Issues.png

1- that is the cursor that indicates you have off angle wall. Guessing you drew the off angle walls holding the ctrl key? Turn off angle snaps and you will get a different funny cursor that will go away if you turn on angle snaps again.

5ab12d4aac6f6_MouseCursors.thumb.png.0e88ba48325c07eb6af8907abb9c72c8.png

2-leave them all until you have all the off angle walls drawn. Then select "Ignore all..5ab12d6c1ffcd_NewFeatures.thumb.png.815ab3793ce0717ef06be72fe58654f1.png

3- can't tell without the plan-post it-make sure it's closed first or nothing will post.

I usually try to set the plan so that as many of the walls can be orthographic as possible while drawing it. After you draw the other off angle walls, with some luck some of those angles match and you can add the angle to the "General Plan Defaults", allowed angles.5ab12d7a2f3f0_Wallangles.thumb.png.98cc96e85307496c89b5e12db7054bd1.png

Images from the Help