Former Revit Users

tswitos

Community,

I just want to toss in this question, and yes, I realize this a Chief community.  However, I was just wondering if there are any former Revit users in this community, and if you switched to Chief for modeling houses, I would like to know why you switched, and did you realize any advantages of Chief over Revit.  I keep leaning more to Chief, as Chief has a much better video library to take you through the basics.  Thanks in advance. 

I used Revit for about 8 years on architectural and structural projects at another job.  I also used Chief during that same time period for a side business.  I’ve used Chief for about 16 years, since version 8 (not X8),  I think Chief is hands down a better program for residential projects. Overall Chief is an easier program to use for construction drawings as well as presentation renderings and concept drawings. Using Chief it’s much quicker to go from concept to construction drawings than Revit.   Revit has quite a few nice features that I wish Chief had, but after all the comparisons, Chief would be my choice.