v10 Raytrace Struggles

BruceBoardman

Good day all,

I am using v10 on a MAC. I'm an intermediate user and don't use Ray Trace a TON. 'Doing my first set of traces is v10 and all my setting seem to be off. My ceilings are glowing, the lighting doesn't seem right. Blah blah blah. I have imported defaults from an older file that had my best settings.  I have a presentation this afternoon to sell this project anyone able to open this file and see what my deal is?? Oh and I can't figure out where to change my backdrop, either. Did it move?

What am I missing? I'm sure it's simple.

GAT_glowing_effect.plan.zip

36 minutes ago, BruceBoardman said:

Good day all,

I am using v10 on a MAC. I'm an intermediate user and don't use Ray Trace a TON. 'Doing my first set of traces is v10 and all my setting seem to be off. My ceilings are glowing, the lighting doesn't seem right. Blah blah blah. I have imported defaults from an older file that had my best settings.  I have a presentation this afternoon to sell this project anyone able to open this file and see what my deal is?? Oh and I can't figure out where to change my backdrop, either. Did it move?

What am I missing? I'm sure it's simple.

GAT_glowing_effect.plan.zip

I'm not much of a RTer- There are others, like Graham.

My take would be to switch to PBR and forget about RT. Attached- fixed one exterior wall (brick with two walls in one place somehow), deleted extra roof, placed and saved 3 PBR cameras. There were no saved cameras in your plan so could not tell what was the issue to begin with. I did not do much with the PBRs (and there were missing textures) So they could be improved, these are almost OOB just altered a few setting to avoid problems.

Copy each camera, move it a little and play with the settings- take a look at the lets PBR thread. Fastest way to get something decent for meeting IMO.

Background is in individual cameras and/or camera defaults.

GAT_glowing_3_cameras.zip