Sign in to follow this  
BruceBoardman

v10 Raytrace Struggles

Good day all,

I am using v10 on a MAC. I'm an intermediate user and don't use Ray Trace a TON. 'Doing my first set of traces is v10 and all my setting seem to be off. My ceilings are glowing, the lighting doesn't seem right. Blah blah blah. I have imported defaults from an older file that had my best settings.  I have a presentation this afternoon to sell this project anyone able to open this file and see what my deal is?? Oh and I can't figure out where to change my backdrop, either. Did it move?

What am I missing? I'm sure it's simple.

GAT_glowing_effect.plan.zip

36 minutes ago, BruceBoardman said:

Good day all,

I am using v10 on a MAC. I'm an intermediate user and don't use Ray Trace a TON. 'Doing my first set of traces is v10 and all my setting seem to be off. My ceilings are glowing, the lighting doesn't seem right. Blah blah blah. I have imported defaults from an older file that had my best settings.  I have a presentation this afternoon to sell this project anyone able to open this file and see what my deal is?? Oh and I can't figure out where to change my backdrop, either. Did it move?

What am I missing? I'm sure it's simple.

GAT_glowing_effect.plan.zip

I'm not much of a RTer- There are others, like Graham.

My take would be to switch to PBR and forget about RT. Attached- fixed one exterior wall (brick with two walls in one place somehow), deleted extra roof, placed and saved 3 PBR cameras. There were no saved cameras in your plan so could not tell what was the issue to begin with. I did not do much with the PBRs (and there were missing textures) So they could be improved, these are almost OOB just altered a few setting to avoid problems.

Copy each camera, move it a little and play with the settings- take a look at the lets PBR thread. Fastest way to get something decent for meeting IMO.

Background is in individual cameras and/or camera defaults.

GAT_glowing_3_cameras.zip

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Jacobs365
    Newest Member
    Jacobs365

• By 23252325
      i have a problem After completing the project and lighting
      when starting ray trace. Stay in the starting ray trace when compute caustics is active.
      Sometimes this takes up to 10 minutes and then rendering begins.
      but this was not the case before
      I really need this mode(compute caustics)
      Chief Architect X12

• By Avinash_Chand
      I've been using Chief Architect for a couple of years now. I love almost everything about it; the program definitely saves time compared to AutoCAD. I initially bought the program because I saw its drafting and rendering capabilities. I love to see photo realistic renderings and I think Chief has decent rendering capabilities. So my question is has anybody found rendering settings that they use to put out high quality interior and exterior renderings, or settings that they use on a typical basis?

I am referencing David Michael Designs as examples of the quality of renderings that I want to make.

• By gridco14
      Hi!

I'm trying to get a wall mounted light inside a skylight well.   So far I figured I could put it on a wall nearby and specify the offset/height to get it to "appear" in the more or less correct place.  This kind of works, but I'm wondering if anyone has a more legit way of doing this?  I'm hopeful to get the light to automatically tilt with the slope of the well.

• By shsdesigner
      does anyone have any symbols that look similar to these?

• By Renerabbitt
      POST 0

You've found it! A thread offering up some of my favorite symbols and content for Chief Architect X-11.
      These items are for X-11 only. If you haven't updated yet I encourage you to do so, it's a great release.
      The following content is listed by category with both a link to the post within this thread for easy navigation and a link to a direct download if you won't to cut straight to the chase. new/recent uploads are in RED font
      CLICK ON THE "DL" FOR INSTANT .CALIBZ DOWNLOAD:

CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLIES/ARCHITECTURAL ITEMS:
      RABS 42 CABLE RAILING - DL    RABS MODERN FRONT DOOR AND DOOR ASSEMBLY - DL   RABS INTEGRATED SINK - DL NEW!!! 03/26/2020  
      ENTOURAGE:
      RABS CHARLES-HILL GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL RABS CHELTON GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL    ACCESSORY HOME #1 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #2 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #3 - DL  
      KITCHEN RELATED:
      3-ISLANDS - DL LA CORNUE 1908 RANGE - DL CAFE APPLIANCES, PAINTABLE(CORRECTED) - DL  
      LIGHTING:
      PENDANTS AND SCONCES - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 RECESSED NC HALO 4 INCH LED WITH HOUSING - DL NEW!! 03-22-20  
      MATERIALS:
      TILE AND COUNTERTOPS #1 - DL 1(ONEDRIVE LINK) - DL-2 CUSTOM WHITES WITH PAINT TOOLBAR ICONS - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 - DL-5 - DL-6 RABS RUGS 1V1 - DL          RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIALS PACK - DL         RABS FLOORING PACK 1 - DL            RABS OLD GOLDEN OAK FLOOR - DL     
      SYMBOLS:
      FIREPLACE ASSEMBLY 1 - DL     ACKLES BED AND EDISON TABLE LAMP - DL-1 - DL - 2 TEAPOT MATERIAL EDITOR REPLACEMENT - DL-1 - DL-2 FINMARK TABLE FROM CB2 - DL FIREPLACE MANTLES 1 AND 2 - DL    RABS STRETCHABLE PICTURE FRAMES - DL     

VIDEOS: 
      YouTube Channel  
      Many of these I have personally made or modified. Some of the content may have been created by others for which I will give credit. Many of the materials have free licensing, so no credit is needed. 
      Some of this content may slow down your program as I have a high powered machine and often times use complex and high resolution textures. I will try and give as much detail as possible. Use at your own peril!

No but seriously dig through and enjoy, I've spent a good number of hours ensuring the quality of these symbols and will update them periodically- so CHECK BACK IN! and PLEASE GIVE A LIKE FOR THE POST OF ANY SYMBOL YOU LIKE, IT ENCOURAGES ME TO GO BACK AND REFINE/REDUCE/OPTIMIZE THAT SYMBOL. GIVE A DOWNVOTE AND IT'LL PROBABLY ENCOURAGE ME TO DO THE SAME THING...YOU'LL JUST BE A JERK FOR IT

CHANGELOG:(PACIFIC TZ)
      Page 1:
        Post 0:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: Removed the poll, migrated this thread. re-uploaded from X11 public beta 02-20-2019-2:59PM: Added a Poll for user content requests 03-30-2020-6:49PM: Deleted Video Links and added link to YouTube Channel   Post 5:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: centered the hearth on the symbol   Post 18:
      02-12-2019-9:52PM: Posted and fixed DL links  

Here is a symbol to get you started:
      @Cheryl_C_Crane Think you requested this,

RUSTIC BRICK 2.calibz
      Number of Textures: 2
      Map size: 1024x1024
      Filesize: 3.13 MB