Meltdown00

Callout Specification Angle???

What does the "Angle" setting under Size/Orientation in the Callout Specification box do? As far as I can tell, it does nothing.

CALLOUT_SPECIFICATION_DIALOG_ANGLE.JPG

Two things… 

1.   Try one of the other call out shapes (like a square maybe).   The ellipse, capsule, and rectangle callout shapes are a little unique in that they don’t rotate.

2.   Try to include a section line.

Well, I guess my real question must have been, "why can't we rotate callout AND text in the callout?"  The answer is apparently you can't.  New wish list item...

Block it and then rotate it.  Would be a valid suggestion though and one that has come up before. 

10 minutes ago, Meltdown00 said:

How would one, "Block It"?

Select it while holding Control or Shift and then click "Make CAD Block"

• Upvote 1

Wow, cool!  I forgot about that trick.

I think I may need to re-watch that intro to Chief Architect!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PMMully
    Newest Member
    PMMully

• By rembocanoe66
      I've used AutoCAD since 1985 and CA for the last decade. But I've always been stuck on this one thing.
      I understand that I can change the default txt sizes in the default settings. and I can modify the annotations that delineate font characteristics. But when I have an EXISTING line label (in this case a Terrain perimeter indicating the property line)  how do I change the label text heights without redrawing the line?
    • By KINGSTONDRAFTER
      I frequently transfer Chief files between my PC & Laptop.  Consistantly when opening files after transferring, the width of text has contracted by a space and forces a 2nd text line to be created.  This happens in both plan and layout files.  If I then select all the text on a plan or layout and open, and then close, the text widths correct themselves and all is okay.  Annoying. Any ideas or remedies?   Thanks Glen
    • By divreig
      Anyone know how to change label text size? I am working on a large building and the layout scaling is 1/32". The labels are too small and cant be read. I cant find options for text size all the label panel, all it has that box that says use default, that I can check and uncheck. But don't know where to edit this default size or the individual label text size. 

• By rwaldrondesigns
      I have tried looking up videos and maybe my search simply did not bring up the right video, but I want to place a rope light in my wall railing on stairs. It seems there is no option to angle the rope light, is this correct?
    • By rwaldrondesigns
      I have tried looking up videos and maybe my search simply did not bring up the right video, but I want to place a rope light in my wall railing on stairs. It seems there is no option to angle the rope light, is this correct?