Roof Plane Tips

RobersonConstruc

I am having an issue creating this roof plane. I will attach a copy of the picture of the roof I am trying to recreate and a copy of my plan. Also, why do roof planes no share the same ridge, baseline, and facia even if the look level on my 3D view? I am having real problems with roof planes. I am missing the plane coming off of the gable and connecting to the plane attaching 90 degrees to cover the deck. I have tried to auto create the roof over the deck and that does not give me a suitable design. Tips on how to create that gable would be appreciated also. I was able to create I just think I used a convoluted process. Any help and tips would be appreciated. Also attached is a 3D view of what I have completed.

Floor Plan.plan

Front Door View.jpg

3D view.dwg

Best to put Questions in the q&A as Eric said , so more people will find it.  you can add pics easily with the Windows Snipping Tool,

see my signature for how to do that below in green .

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.
If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum (Toggle it on above
 where you make your Signature or are perhaps you are on the CA Mobile WebSite?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Faze5_3D
    Newest Member
    Faze5_3D

• By sascea
      Hello - 
      How do I build this awning to fit under the floor system of the room above without it removing my walls and everything? I could just patch this with a polyline solid but.. I'm guessing I'm missing the setting to click for this roof to be built here without it tearing down my wall above.

• By Elopez
      Hello, I'm new to chief architect and I'm trying to use this sink that I wants in my model but is not in the library so I have to download it from the website. But when I do it comes out in 2D and the 3D one doesn't come out like I want. I have downloaded the sink in drawing DWG, OBJ and I don't know what to do. The pictures at the bottom are the sink and what I get when downloaded.   sink 
        DWG
         OBJ 
    • By JLU_Design
      Does someone know why when I click to turn off the Eave Fascia it also turns off the Gable Fascia?

I would like to turn off the Eave Fascia and leave the Gable Fascia on.

It would seem that because they both have a check box it would be possible to deselect one without affecting the other.

I'm on x14 now. Just upgraded, but I don't think that's the reason for the issue.

• By ChristinaW
      Hello, I'm trying to fix the  gable roof end conditions and a shed roof dormer.
      The house is a 2 story with an unfinished attic.  Part of the attic will be converted into livable space.
      I created the roof on the second floor so that the ridge height is set.
      I used a polyline and cut into the roof seen in image #1.

I NEED the end gable stone  walls to angle towards peak and I wanted to set wood stud framing on the angle wall for the start of the dormer walls. See images above.

This shouldn't take hours to do and watched multiple videos and it's not working like the videos suggest.