Sign in to follow this  
PerryPlansPro

Patterns on 3D molding polylines only showing up in standard view

Any pattern I use only shows up in standard view. I have a column with a tapered stone base. I used a 3D molding polyline to create the stone base. Am I doing something wrong or is that just how the program works?5a2840be9e090_VectorView.thumb.jpg.0e6c5040941418a94551d9dacc57cae7.jpg

Textures show in Standard mode.  Patterns (if defined for the material) will show in Vector mode(s).

Interesting,  It works in a 3D Camera View but not in an Elevation View.

You should report it to CA as a Bug.

You need to close the molding profile.

Yours is open on the right, and should look similar to this.

ct1.thumb.jpg.e9cfa83c355cf6c8ba33187fb965ad6e.jpg

• Upvote 1

Happy to help. I believe molding profiles, except for ones used for exposed rafter tails, need to be closed.

13 minutes ago, PerryPlansPro said:

I'm still learning the program

We ALL are still learning the program. That's what makes the forum so useful -- someone usually has an answer.

Filling out your signature helps fill in some blanks, like your Chief version, OS, name etc.

You can add this info by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Very true. Thanks for the advice and tips! I think that's the one thing that I didn't think of.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cbling
    Newest Member
    cbling

• By rembocanoe66
      I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).
      In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.
      Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 
      It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks
      Ray
    • By Aamir77
      Hi folks,
      I was using chief architect x9 for the last several months. Meanwhile, I had to change the hard drive of my Pc.
      On the new drive after installation, I am stuck with a strange problem. I do not see anything in standard camera view except the backdrop even a 4 walled room looks invisible. Whereas everything looks fine in the orthographic overview and orthographic floor overview.
      If I select the room randomly clicking on the backdrop in standard camera view, room selection lines do appear. I tried to change the default settings of the camera but no result, I tried to tweak the preferences and here, if I uncheck the USE ENHANCED LIGHTING option in RENDER subfolder, a dark room shows up in standard camera view  like the one I attached with this thread as a JEPG image. Please guide me step by step where is the problem keeping in mind that I am a novice.
      Thanks in advance.

• By wpdesigninc
      Is there a way to create a custom tile layout? I want to take a standard subway pattern and stagger it 1/3 rather than 1/2 with a specific tile size, 3.75 x 12.25. Thanks in advance. 
    • By liveatul
      How can I import images from my iPad photo library? And use as a new object or use in photo frames as a patterns.
      Pl. update
    • By CBuserIndia
      CA-Interior user.

I am trying something new.
      Before I render image, I want to share 360 panorama & Vector view seems like good option.

How do I put a watermark on these images ? I want to add a small brand logo & company name text. I logo, not possible, at-least text.

I tried several things, I created a painting, added to a wall. It disappears when you create Vector view ( actually with Vector view, not just 360, even for standard view, any painting like object disappears).

Here the purpose is not to secure copy or brand or image, all I need is to have my company name. If these images go public, I get some promotion.

Any work around ?
      Also I chose vector view for 360 panorama, do you have better suggestions ?