usingchief

Challenges Viewing with 3D CA platform

Hope I can describe this issue successfully.  So I have wanted to jump on the VR craze and was glad to see CA getting on board.  Bought the CA-branded cardboard and and purchased a nifty set of VR goggles. Tried them both with a variety of phones, including iPhone 5s, iPhone 6s, a new Android but they don't physically fit in either viewers. CA tech says the only phone that will work in their CA cardboard viewer is the original Andoid. • Hmmm,... where does it say that?    

So anyways... Broke down and got a new iPhone 8Plus last week and it fits great in the VR goggles.  I have been able to "view" a variety of 3-D sample files using the Google Cardboard app.  Neat.  But when trying to view the models stored in my CA cloud account, I launch the model,... click on the cardboard icon,... then the screen asks me to place the phone in the viewer.  At this point, the app seems to "hang"... and I can't view anything.  Turned it vertical, horizontal, rotated it but bummer....   It just does not want to launch into the pair of  "stereographic" images.  •  BTW:  I have made sure the VR goggles are paired to the iPhone but still to no avail.  I'm thinking I must be missing some technique.

59d04a0c19186_ScreenShot2017-09-30at6_44_21PM.thumb.png.51cc1a60e4f279e7937487da78c32dd9.png    59d04b3db80fa_ScreenShot2017-09-30at6_55_50PM.thumb.png.0f36fd33f1ac739b25633643b839f061.png

Any suggestions are welcomed.   Please and thank you !!!    

Click on the cardboard icon, turn the phone sideways (landscape) and it should work.  If not, turn it vertical again and then to landscape.

If safari is having the problem, close all the open pages and start over.

Thanks, Greg ~~~  Unlocking the screen so it could be rotated was the correct answer !!