Furniture manufacturers in Library

BetsyHermans

I continue with my Trial Version of CA Interiors, practicing after work when I can. New laptop on sleep mode to continue my project. I'm endeavoring to convince my boss to buy it. We are a retail furniture store outside of Cleveland, OH, with talented interior designers. Customers want a "HGTV" experience and we could offer this with larger projects. The trial seems to offer a limited grouping of furniture styles in the Core library, with others visible, but not available to click on bonus catalogs or manufacturing catalogs. Can a user tell me that there is much more to these than the Core? Can you tell me which manufacturers would be available to me if we purchase?

You can take a look through what is currently available here : https://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/library&reset=true

Also if you are a retailer you have other possibilities available to you of getting models from wholesalers and manufactures or even looking into scanning technology of items you have assembled in your showroom.

Chief Architect can use imported files from Sketchup's 3D Warehouse and many other sources as well.

They should load automatically into your bonus catalogs or manufacturing catalogs but you can also load them manually by going to Library> Import......  but that really should not be necessary so if you don't figure it out by Monday I would give tech a call.

Aha!! Now I get it! I hadn't imported them. Thanks a bunch. PS- I also emailed four furniture reps to see if their companies have artwork available. Whole new world opening up here for this near-retirement woman. Love to work and can continue from home someday! None of the younger staff have interest in this. It is time consuming to learn.

Good night!

13 hours ago, BetsyHermans said:

Aha!! Now I get it! I hadn't imported them. Thanks a bunch. PS- I also emailed four furniture reps to see if their companies have artwork available. Whole new world opening up here for this near-retirement woman. Love to work and can continue from home someday! None of the younger staff have interest in this. It is time consuming to learn.

Good night!

Also, there are a ton of free furniture models that can be imported into chief, be aware though, polygon/face count of models can drastically slow down chief, there are a number of recent posts in regards to this if you use search. 

The models that are purpose built for chief are very low poly(arguably less detailed) so that chief's live rendering engine can handle them with better refresh rates,frames per second etc.