Energy Heel Workaround

Alaskan_Son

2 minutes ago, pintodesign said:

Thanks Michael, but I've done that.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Is it possible you've made this change AFTER building your trusses?  If so, group select all your trusses and rebuild them.  There are a number of ways to do this, but you can either Force Truss Rebuild or you can even just Cut/Paste Hold Position. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 8/25/2017 at 6:52 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

As many of you already know, energy heels do not automatically generate properly for some of the most standard truss configurations.  Here's something I would definitely consider a workaround but its a lot quicker than what I think most of us have been doing...

• Build all your trusses as usual setting the appropriate trusses to be Energy Heels...

59a0bcfa47ece_Truss1.thumb.jpg.7a59f9b7410070a5259cf4e16f9e4f1c.jpg

• Group select at least all the energy heel trusses, change top and bottom chords to a very small dimension (1" should probably do it), check Force Truss Rebuild, and click Okay...

59a0bcfbbc01f_Truss2.thumb.jpg.766cf93b85967cf7c402bf62adaa4ae6.jpg

• With the trusses still selected, open them right back up, check Lock Truss Envelope, change your top and bottom chord back to what they should be, and click Okay...

59a0bcfd156a0_Truss3.thumb.jpg.eff4ab989152f2cfc1b5cf651154276a.jpg

Again, it would be nice if energy heels behaved properly on their own, but until they do, I think this is the best we can do.  If anyone knows of a more effective solution I'd love to know it.

Very nice! Thank you!!

• 7 months later...
On 8/25/2017 at 3:52 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

As many of you already know, energy heels do not automatically generate properly for some of the most standard truss configurations.  Here's something I would definitely consider a workaround but its a lot quicker than what I think most of us have been doing...

• Build all your trusses as usual setting the appropriate trusses to be Energy Heels...

59a0bcfa47ece_Truss1.thumb.jpg.7a59f9b7410070a5259cf4e16f9e4f1c.jpg

• Group select at least all the energy heel trusses, change top and bottom chords to a very small dimension (1" should probably do it), check Force Truss Rebuild, and click Okay...

59a0bcfbbc01f_Truss2.thumb.jpg.766cf93b85967cf7c402bf62adaa4ae6.jpg

• With the trusses still selected, open them right back up, check Lock Truss Envelope, change your top and bottom chord back to what they should be, and click Okay...

59a0bcfd156a0_Truss3.thumb.jpg.eff4ab989152f2cfc1b5cf651154276a.jpg

Again, it would be nice if energy heels behaved properly on their own, but until they do, I think this is the best we can do.  If anyone knows of a more effective solution I'd love to know it.

Well this is gonna be faster than manually editing the truss polyline in a section view.  Thanks!