Need Architect/Designer - contracted work -

ChiefUserRichK

Do you have time for 15 house plans this year?  We are looking to replace our full time Architectural Designer with a contracted, off site Architect/Designer (or two if the work is too much for one).

We are located in Grand Rapids, MI.  We are celebrating our 20th year in business this year.  The average price of homes is approximately $500,000.  We are a scattered site, on-you-lot custom builder.  You can learn more about us at:

www.heartlandbuilders.com

https://www.guildquality.com/HeartlandBuilders

www.facebook/heartlandbuildersllc.com

Custom Plans

Scope of Work

1.      Initial floor plans

a.      Review together with Heartland Builders and Client via Webex/Go To or similar

2.      Exterior Drawings

a.      Review together with Heartland Builders and Client via Webex/Go To or similar

3.      3d views – interior and exterior for client – will show them/work with them via Webex/Go To or similar

4.      3d Terrain – we will provide you with terrain data (laser) and you will place house on site

5.      Assume that there will be two plan revisions after initial drawings w/ the client as part of the price of the house design.  Additional changes will be billed hourly.

6.      Site Plan

7.      Preparation of Plan Sets:

a.      Contract Plans for clients

b.      Pricing Plans for subcontractors/suppliers/municipal officials, including section views

c.      Construction Plans – required if there are any changes after pricing / selections / structural design changes (adjustments based on truss, floor, foundation design)

i.     Main Floor

ii.     Second Floor

iii.     Lower Level/Basement Layout

iv.     Rough Plumbing Layout – basement

v.     Electrical Plan – per floor

vi.     Section View

vii.     Site Plan

I would to work with someone based on the following:

1.      We will draw up a Design Services Agreement together that I will present to the client.  Your contract will be with Heartland Builders and not the client. We will own the drawings, not the client. 

2.      Would like to use a cost per sq. ft. for basic services and then an hourly charge thereafter.  This will allow us to estimate the work and bill the client accordingly for work over the basic contracted amount.  I am open to figuring out how to make this work for all parties. 

3.      Heartland Builders owns the rights to the plans and can modify and/or re-build for another client.

4.      We want to create a relationship where we have access to the drawings 100% of the time.  The Chief Architect file is owned by Heartland Builders.  Your work is on our server or something similar.  We will pay you a deposit upfront and/or whatever you feel you need to make sure you are confident in us as a client. 

Pre-Priced Plans

Heartland Builders has plans on our website.  Some of the homes we have built numerous times.  If a client wants to use one of our existing plans (assume modifications) we will work with the Architect/Designer to determine if the changes are akin to starting over or if an hourly charge is appropriate. 

For our own benefit, we may ask you to modify the plan to update the floor plan and/or exterior.  If we do, we will assume that you will take the work to Construction Plans.  We will ask for an estimate for the changes at that time, but will pay you hourly for your services. 

We have not contracted for this service before.  We would welcome your ideas and thoughts on how to make this a great relationship for all of us. 

I would be interested in sending you information regarding my experience in providing design and construction drawings to see if this fits what you are looking for. I have over 30 year experience working for Architects, engineers and home builders.  I am located in Oxnard, California.

John Torres

623 340-3093

john.torres61@yahoo.com

On 8/1/2017 at 0:31 AM, ChiefUserRichK said:

Do you have time for 15 house plans this year?  We are looking to replace our full time Architectural Designer with a contracted, off site Architect/Designer (or two if the work is too much for one).

We are located in Grand Rapids, MI.  We are celebrating our 20th year in business this year.  The average price of homes is approximately $500,000.  We are a scattered site, on-you-lot custom builder.  You can learn more about us at:

www.heartlandbuilders.com

https://www.guildquality.com/HeartlandBuilders

www.facebook/heartlandbuildersllc.com

Custom Plans

Scope of Work

1.      Initial floor plans

2.      Exterior Drawings

3.      3d views – interior and exterior for client – will show them/work with them via Webex/Go To or similar

4.      3d Terrain – we will provide you with terrain data (laser) and you will place house on site

5.      Assume that there will be two plan revisions after initial drawings w/ the client as part of the price of the house design.  Additional changes will be billed hourly.

6.      Site Plan

7.      Preparation of Plan Sets:

a.      Contract Plans for clients

b.      Pricing Plans for subcontractors/suppliers/municipal officials, including section views

c.      Construction Plans – required if there are any changes after pricing / selections / structural design changes (adjustments based on truss, floor, foundation design)

i.     Main Floor

ii.     Second Floor

iii.     Lower Level/Basement Layout

iv.     Rough Plumbing Layout – basement

v.     Electrical Plan – per floor

vi.     Section View

vii.     Site Plan

I would to work with someone based on the following:

1.      We will draw up a Design Services Agreement together that I will present to the client.  Your contract will be with Heartland Builders and not the client. We will own the drawings, not the client. 

2.      Would like to use a cost per sq. ft. for basic services and then an hourly charge thereafter.  This will allow us to estimate the work and bill the client accordingly for work over the basic contracted amount.  I am open to figuring out how to make this work for all parties. 

3.      Heartland Builders owns the rights to the plans and can modify and/or re-build for another client.

4.      We want to create a relationship where we have access to the drawings 100% of the time.  The Chief Architect file is owned by Heartland Builders.  Your work is on our server or something similar.  We will pay you a deposit upfront and/or whatever you feel you need to make sure you are confident in us as a client. 

Pre-Priced Plans

Heartland Builders has plans on our website.  Some of the homes we have built numerous times.  If a client wants to use one of our existing plans (assume modifications) we will work with the Architect/Designer to determine if the changes are akin to starting over or if an hourly charge is appropriate. 

For our own benefit, we may ask you to modify the plan to update the floor plan and/or exterior.  If we do, we will assume that you will take the work to Construction Plans.  We will ask for an estimate for the changes at that time, but will pay you hourly for your services. 

We have not contracted for this service before.  We would welcome your ideas and thoughts on how to make this a great relationship for all of us. 

Can we get on a call for this. I am fairly confident of helping you on a managed offsite model. Would you be able to help with an initial call ?

• Upvote 1