Curb-on-slab method and requesting alternates

Renerabbitt

After digging around and watching vids from D.Scott and Perry, I put together a plan to try and create this footing with curb:

5966707d8f635_CurbDetail.thumb.PNG.0bf614a35fdbcf28f8a1c7136ca5eb0f.PNG

Problem is that chief doesn't seem to allow for this without some serious work-arounds as far as I know, happy to take suggestions.

If you set the room to be a garage you can mimic the detail, problem being that Chief sees the garage floor height as the height of the curb, so all reference measurements are from the taller curb and not the slab.

So I used a pony wall with concrete main layer and drywall interior which works well. Automatic framing will generate at the height of the pony wall.

If you need a 3d visual representation then create a room molding polyline using a concrete texture and uncheck extrude inside...which give you this:

5966707d0634e_Curb3dortho.thumb.PNG.42e8cc34497ca56d2c30f531444395fe.PNG  

With this method the elevation shows up correct as well, with the exception of the slab and curb not being monolithic:

5966707de6fc8_CurbElevation.thumb.PNG.d5c4b4a6e477af4623bdc9c9245703ee.PNG

The only other issue I have ran into is that if you want to cut and step your stucco on the outside wall to match terrain, this drags the framing down to the level of the slab.

You have to generate framing first and then uncheck auto generate before adjusting exterior finishes.

Here is the plan for reference:

Curb Example Plan.plan

Just now, dshall said:

Oops,  yes you can get drywall down....  it's your curb idea  (wall type is curb  with drywall on it)......  not sure if you can use curb and use brick sill....  I did not check.........

but then you might have to fix the plates....  (too many plates  unless you make two new wall types,  one with only a sill and no top plate and the other with top plates but no sill.....

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dshall said:

Oops,  yes you can get drywall down....  it's your curb idea  (wall type is curb  with drywall on it)......  not sure if you can use curb and use brick sill....  I did not check.........

You're the MAN, going to play with this and post-back, Also, how do you get fill on the mono in a sectional elevation?

25 minutes ago, dshall said:

but then you might have to fix the plates....  (too many plates  unless you make two new wall types,  one with only a sill and no top plate and the other with top plates but no sill.....

Ok so the Brick sill works with the curb wall, but I am having trouble applying this to an existing plan

Here's the plan: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArIPOe8v1Srkgvg6I0RPWFXPbtq63g

This plan has been chopped up quite a bit and I am attempting to repair it, the plan was to excavate 36"'s to create an ADU on the bottom floor. Which is why the bottom floor is set at -36" from the as built set. In future I would probably just drop the elevation of the terrain from the subfloor height 36" and set the floor at 0

Everytime I try your method for creating the curb, the furniture and soffits and moldings all jump up or float.

So if you feel like playing with it be my guest. The method I used when I first posted seems to be working, especially since there are certain walls that have a 36" retaining wall with drywall at the interior