Does someone have a video card that works fantastic using Home Design Architectural? Mine meets all the "specs", but will not render any image at all. It appears that this chipset is not supported by the HDA 2018 software. One post says that the chipset drivers need to be 2014 or newer. If that is the case, please put that in the list of system requirements. And a list of good, better, best video cards would be much better than repeating that moronic mantra to "update your drivers". The latest and greatest update on for my drivers is 2010.

Capture Error Message system requirements of video card.PNG

Are you using a separate dedicated video card or an integrated video chip set. If the latter, then I believe the integrated HD chip set must be 4000 or newer. The older chip sets are limited/restricted and from my understanding the Open GL version can't be upgraded to meet the minimum requirements. You should really provide some system specs if you wish more specific suggestions, otherwise we are just guessing.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    theCADStudio
    Newest Member
    theCADStudio

• By CARMELHILL
      This isn't really Chief software related, so this thread might belong in the Chat section, but...

The new Ray Tracing Video cards from Nvidia, the Geforce RTX 2080 Ti, is failing for lots of users. And the replacements sent from Nvidia are failing too. It's affecting some of the 3rd party cards too.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-graphics-cards-dying/

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3065361/nvidias-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-cards-are-reportedly-failing-in-high-numbers
    • By AnotherCADUser
      I've been getting into the rendering and video side of CA. I've been using a Mac with 12gb shared ram, which is ok, but you can see it's not great, esp the frame rate. I want to really get into it with clients so I'm going to get X10 and my son said it should be smooth as with this machine. What do you think?

https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/dell-laptops/new-inspiron-15-7000-gaming-laptop/spd/inspiron-15-7577-laptop/a511070au

• By JBHammer
      Hello,
      I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a video card that works well with X10 and Windows 7? My old card (AMD 7570) is no longer supported by AMD, and 3D views that looked great in X9 look terrible in X10. Thanks
    • By Love2Design
      I am in the market for a new computer and was wondering if the HP Pavillion 27" touchscreen all in one desktop would be a good choice? I am still a beginner with Chief Architect and use it  for more of a hobby right now but would like to design some new homes in the future.

thank you.

Shelli
    • By Westlanedesigns
      I recently had a new desktop built. My video card is a Nvidia GTX 1070. It is an 8GB card. when I look at my message log it says I only have 4GB of ram.

OpenGL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 384.76

OpenGL VRam: 4095

OpenGL GPU Count: 1

OpenGL GPU VRam: 4095

OpenGL GPU Driver Name: nvoglv64

OpenGL GPU Driver Date: 6-27-2017

OpenGL GPU Driver Version: 22.21.13.8476

OpenGL GPU Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

OpenGL GPU Device Path: pci\ven_10de&dev_1b81

Here is my system.

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i7-6900K

Nvidia GTX 1070

Crucial MX300 275GB SSD

Crucial 4X4GB DDR4 2400 RAM

Anyone have a similar issue? I have Chief X8 and X9 on this system. The message log in both programs say the same thing. If anyone is running Windows 10 Pro with an 8GB card can they have a look at their message log and tell me if you are getting a similar message? This could just be a logging issue.