Sign in to follow this  
warrenwest

Creating a mezzanine in a split level structure

Hi folks. Have an issue thats doing my little head in. Im busy with the interior design of a restaurant expansion and need to create a mezzanine spanning the entire length of the place but stops just short of the windows. I can fake it using a PS ( see pic below ) but obviously I'm going to run into issues when placing outlets in the floor and placing furniture etc. I need to create a proper floor here that I can build walls on. I have searched the forum and even consulted the extensive reference manual to no avail :( Any help will be highly appreciated.

MrIndia.plan

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 4.14.43 PM.png

Hi Eric. I tried that but it adds a second floor over the whole space. I need it just above the front part.

23 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Make the other parts "Open To Below".

Yes. Thats it. Thanks to both you you. :) 

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 4.48.53 PM.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    danmor
    Newest Member
    danmor

• By HaywardVT
      I'm creating a mezzanine that's open to the garage area in a fire station, so on the second floor I have that garage area set to "open below." In this tutorial video (http://www.chieftutor.com/scotthall4/mezz1.html) when Scott sets a room to "open below" the space for the floor structure disappears, but mine is still there and it shows through the garage doors. I've even tried setting the floor and ceiling structures to 0" but it's still there. I don't know how because it's all the same room, but I just had it so only the smaller area of the garage was showing the floor structure and the larger part had solid walls going to the ceiling. I don't know what changed it back either.    

This shows the floor structure between the red lines, shouldn't it not be there if the room is set to "open below"? There isn't even a floor there.

Fire house 5334_SF___2.plan