2D Plan Symbol For New Image In User Catalogue

Help! I have imported several images into my user Catalogue but I want to be able to choose my own pictures to appear in the 2D plan view for my drawing.  The Image Specification Dialog Box appears to be limited to just a few choices in the '2D Plan Symbol' drop down box which are not reflective of the images I am inserting.  Is there anyway I can add to this drop down list???  Basically I have a specific symbol I have created for a Gas Meter which is a 'G' sitting in a Circle which in turn sits in a Square (attached)!!  Really simple!!  However I want to be able to select this image each time from my user catalogue without having to insert the png. file and then resize.  I can insert the images into the catalogue really easily however the symbols that display on my 2D plans are just flower heads or a circle with line through it which is not what I want!!! Arrrrrrr!!!

I have also tried to build a 3D image to insert to see if this works but as it is not really a 3D image that I'm after it's not really working either!!  Any suggestions would be really appreciated!!!!  I hate to get stuck and am sure that there must be a way to do this.

Thanks for reading this post!!!

post-1770-0-24136600-1403659636_thumb.png

You seem to be using mixed terminology which is confusing your request. 

It seems that you need to save the 2D gas symbol (really a cad block) to your library.

Then, from the Image Specification dbx..2D Plan Symbol, you can click Library and then select your cad block.

Once you have associated your cad block to your image, you can then save it to the library and then your image and associated cad block will be tied together.

Thanks for replying! Sorry not to be clear but I am a novice!! Sounds simple but when I choose the 2D Plan Symbol dbx I only have a limited selection of images to choose and don't seem to be able to find the Library option you describe to tie my image and cad block together???? I have home designer pro - does this make a difference??

Appologies for being slow but I've only just started using the software.

Many thanks

HD PRO probably is limited in editing symbols

probably can't do it

while HD PRO users can benefit from following the Chieftalk forum

since they do have manual tools for roofs and framing and cabinets etc

all HD users should also participate on the Hometalk forum

If HD PRO is limitied in symbol making you might be able to use the free Sketchup

and then import the new symbol into HD PRO and save in the library

Lew