ROOF RETURN / ATTIC WALL ISSUES

JECORMIER

Hey all-

I've got a plan that I'm having some issues with.

The two front gable walls on the right side of this plan are giving me fits and I know it's how I've built them but I just cannot figure out how to fix them.

I have attached the plan and a pdf elevation with the explanation of the issues at hand.

Also, I cannot get my sub fascia to build and show in my elevations and camera views. They are on the "framing, roof rafter layer", which I have turned on and they show on the gable ends but not under the hips. I started with an automatic roof but then rebuilt multiple roof planes manually so when I go to rebuild the roof I check the boxes for "Retain manually drawn roof planes" and "Retain edited automatic roof planes"  Under the "Structure" tab I click "build roof framing" too and they don't show up. I'm stumped.

As always........Thank you!!!

FRONT ELEVATION ISSUES.pdf

TVB-BRIARWOOD-LEFT-SLAB.plan

Great! thank you.

The sub-fascia is typically not as tall as the fascia but in this cottage-style that is what is being called for. I got it to fill in with your suggestion. Thank you.

As for the two gable attic walls...I'm getting closer but cannot replicate what you did for some reason. Hmm.

I turned off auto attic walls and created my own which helped but I cannot seem make the full gable return come across the front of the larger gable and finish the frieze board either at the top.

Here is what I've got so far....

Thank you for your help!

FRONT ELEVATION ISSUES 2.pdf

Something that helped me with Chief and roofs with the auto-features is realizing the connections of all objects (walls/other roof planes) needs to be PERFECT.  I can't stress PERFECT enough.  Having an issue 99.99999% of the time means something isn't connecting where it needs to.

On 3/19/2017 at 6:57 PM, johnny said:

Something that helped me with Chief and roofs with the auto-features is realizing the connections of all objects (walls/other roof planes) needs to be PERFECT.  I can't stress PERFECT enough.  Having an issue 99.99999% of the time means something isn't connecting where it needs to.

This I find to be true as well. Eave heights, baselines, overhangs need to be set correctly. Sometimes just re-joining roof planes corrects errant anomalies, other times there will be a variation with some dimension that needs to be adjusted in the dbx.