Meltdown0

Placing "Attic Vents"

I'm playing with a trial of Chief X8 and ran into something I cannot figure out.  I found a bunch of different vents located in the "Core Catalogs; Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing; Ventilation" section.  I can place gable vents, roof vents, foundation vents, etc. but I cannot place the "Attic Vents" (what Chief calls Louvered Gable Peak Vents). Is this a special process or a limit of the trial?

Something to be aware of is the program does not want to place doors, windows, vents etc where there is a floor or ceiling platform.

This image shows where I've moved the ceiling up high, blocking auto placement of the vent.

Meltdown0 1.jpg

You may override this behavior several ways.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    THDesign
    Newest Member
    THDesign

• By 9atatimer
      I'm using X11 premier on a mac -- I have an exterior garage wall (with a centered garage door) and a gable end -- I'd like to split the attic wall of the gable end into 3 parts -- the central region above the garage door, and the left and right, to have a different material above the garage door.

I have Default Settings > Roof > Auto Rebuild Roof set to Off
      I have Default Settings > Framing > Automatically Build Floor and Ceiling Framing Off on all framing types.
      I have Default Settings > Walls > General Walls > Auto Rebuild Attic Walls set to Off

If I delete the roof and ceiling planes with Build > Roof > Delete [X] and then use the Build > Roof > Build Roof ... dialog to rebuild the roof and attic from scratch -- I leave the Auto Rebuild Roofs set to Off, to be clear -- and then edit the resulting gable roof on the attic layer, I can split it twice to produce the three separate wall sections, but once I change the exterior material on any of the sections, the three wall segments get replaced with a single wall again.  The new wall has my selected material, but that does me no good as I need the distinct secgments.

Anyone know what setting do I need to turn off to maintain the manually edited gable end?  Or is this a mac bug?

Or, barring that, does anyone know what approach will let me give the desired finish detail (attached a pic of a freehand elevation)?

• By srjbb97
      How do I get the siding to show up on in the gable? See attached pictures.. Also, what is the best way to align the eyebrows along the front?

Thanks in advanced..

Chief Architect X9

• By Designer100
      I cannot figure out how to ge small gable roof above Bedroom 4 on study side to fill out correctly, fascia not showing.. Also porte-co-chere on 1st floor roof to be flat with siding on left side on front part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

McafeeRemodelingNewplan.zip
    • By blueriver
      I have a persistent problem with gaps in my porch ceilings in between the finished surface and the underside of the roof structure.  I know it has to be a setting i have wrong but i cannot figure it out! Current project is a barndominium with a gable porch. 
      Thanks in advance

• By ChiefArchitect
      Option 4 of the Paradise Rises project includes a finished half story above the standard floor plan. We included dormers suited to different architectural styles to make use of the attic space. This illustration shows the layout available with the Craftsman style dormers, you can see the full selection of plan variations under the Paradise Rises project on our Samples Page.