Sign in to follow this  
KolbyM

Editing Groups

Hey all, I'm using CA Home Designer Suite.  This should be an easy question to answer but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.  I'm looking for a way to edit groups of similar objects.  For instance, if I create a large home design with 40 different exterior walls, and late decide to change my siding on the front half of the house, surely there is a way to select all the walls I want to edit and change them all at the same time?  Am I missing something?  Thanks!

Kolby:

I doubt if most of the HD products have that feature

maybe HD PRO ?

you should ask your question on the Hometalk forum

Lew

HomeTalk

You select multiple walls like you select multiples of anything else. 

Thanks, I'll move this question to the other forum.

I understand how to select multiple walls, just not how to edit them all at the same time.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Lufunoraf
    Newest Member
    Lufunoraf

• By Sedona
      Hi,

I have been struggling with this for sometime.  I need to rotate the lot (including the dashed setback line) 10 degrees counter clockwise.  I can not find the correct grouping to accomplish it, this maybe related to how close the house sits next the the setback.   I start with rotating everything 10 degrees and the try to rotate just the house back to 90. Instead it also moves the setback with the house instead of keeping it 30’ from the property lines.

I have attached the file if anyone would be so kind as to give it a try or steps I should be taking.
      Thank you,

Doug

DK_165_B.plan
    • By Doug_N
      Lets say some really careless designer (ummm me... blush)  makes a mistake in an edit table.  How can it be edited? 
    • By dherbert52
      ANy UG's in Portland OR?
    • By Investmentbiz
      I may be making things to difficult on myself but I need some help! I have an early 1900's 4-plex (2 story, pier & beam) that I own and I am trying to do an as built drawing. The poor old house has had an addition in just about every decade and as you can imagine not all of them were done by skilled craftsmen. Initially i measured and drew the perimeter of the house (where I discovered that it was about 4-6" out of square) but with so many jogs in & out and out of square I decided to measure each unit individually when I did the interior walls. I used CA's RoomPlanner & Bosch Bluetooth measuring device (which all I love...for the most part) over several days to measure the units.
      I then sit down at the desktop & imported in each unit but I put them all "on the same page" so to speak (in one file) with the hope of fitting all these puzzle pieces together to form the one big "house" that it is.
      However, the problem comes in when I select one of the units (walls, stairs, appliances, fixtures, etc.) and drag it over to my original perimeter drawing it joins the walls up, stretches a wall here & there and countless other little tweaks to the point that I do not know what has been changed! I would like to be able to make the equivalent of a space planning block that locks everything together as a group until I am sure I have bumped everything together correctly and that all the "puzzle pieces" are correctly situated next to and above & below each other before I "release" each block to merge in to one big drawing. Again, there may be a simple answer but because I do not use the program every day or sometimes I may go months without drawing, I have to almost relearn the program when I start a new project! LOL
      Thanks in advance for any help from you Pro's!
    • By Don_Straub_Const
      I have created a group of cabinets as a island then made a cad block and added it to my Library. The bounding box extends beyond the cabinets so I can not get an accurate measurement. How do I create the box so it exactly fits the island or does not impact my measurements.

Monterey kit.plan