Sign in to follow this  
SNestor

Basement Foundation Wall (Pony Wall) Alignment

Maybe a CA guru who designs in an area of the country where basements are common can give me some insight on how to construct a foundation wall that is a pony wall...and get this wall to align properly with the wood framed wall above.  I can move the wall manually...and eventually get it to line up...but it's very time consuming.  Especially for a complex house where some of the walls are 2x4 with stone or brick veneer...and others are 2x6 with stone or brick veneer.  

There must be a simple method?  I've thought that I may not have the "main layer" defined correctly...but I've messed with that a bit and without success.  

I've attached a simple plan that shows where the foundation is placed automatically.   

Foundation Pony Wall.plan

Foundation Pony Wall Section.png

Disregard...I figured out the problem myself.  I had the "platform" defined incorrectly.  "Garbage in...Garbage out".  

Build Platform.png

Foundation Pony Wall Section - corrected.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    slickrick1530
    Newest Member
    slickrick1530

• By Designer100
      Is there a way to add pre Mfg. brick to outside of the foundation above grade that does not affect the porches etc or parts you do not want it?

Newell Cheatheam
      www.newellsdesigns.com
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com
      x11 
    • By rembocanoe66
      I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).
      In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.
      Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 
      It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks
      Ray
    • By EmmaCox
      I am working on a project with a split entry. I have created a pony wall for the basement foundation / framed wall above. The framed wall has stone veneer on it and I would like to have a masonry ledge / cap on it. Looking at other tutorials it looks like there should be a “wall cap” section in the wall specifications, but mine seems to missing. See attached screenshots. Not sure if it is because I am using version X9?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!  

• By jheath21
      Help! How do I connect the walls to the roof?

• By SNestor
      I think I have an issue with my "template" plan as I cannot get walls located above invisible walls to build correctly.  The wall in the attached plan is where the ceiling transitions from 12' tall to a room with a 9' tall ceiling.  I attempted the same drawing in a stock Chief template plan and everything worked like it's supposed to...so, I gather I have a setting in my template plan that is goofy...

Thanks!

Plan attached:   Gable End Wall Not Building Plan.plan