Basement Foundation Wall (Pony Wall) Alignment

Maybe a CA guru who designs in an area of the country where basements are common can give me some insight on how to construct a foundation wall that is a pony wall...and get this wall to align properly with the wood framed wall above.  I can move the wall manually...and eventually get it to line up...but it's very time consuming.  Especially for a complex house where some of the walls are 2x4 with stone or brick veneer...and others are 2x6 with stone or brick veneer.  

There must be a simple method?  I've thought that I may not have the "main layer" defined correctly...but I've messed with that a bit and without success.  

I've attached a simple plan that shows where the foundation is placed automatically.   

Foundation Pony Wall.plan

Foundation Pony Wall Section.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    IndiaCADWorks
    Newest Member
    IndiaCADWorks

• By TrimbachDesign
      Hello Chief friends,

I've been struggling and searching this topic but cannot seem to come up with the information that I am looking for. Basically, I have a sloping site and want to draw the uphill stemwall (top) 2'0" higher than the downhill wall. The floor system will ledger off the uphill wall, and the uphill stemwall top should finish about 2'0" higher than subfloor elevation. Wood wall framing will then be 2'0" shorter on this uphill side. Additionally, I'll be using some retaining walls extending off of the foundation to retain the up hill fill material. 

I was able to "drag up" the top of the stem walls on the uphill wall to gain this two feet of elevation. However, there are all sorts of issues with wall intersections that I cannot seem to clean up. I think that what I am after is forcing the taller wall to run through, but I can't seem to force that in my foundation drawing or 3d view. There has to be a better way... Also, now the subfloor and some trim is sticking through the stem wall. 

I'm running x12 on MacOSX. 

Appreciate any help you all can provide! 

Thanks,
      Austin

• By banditz
      hi anyone there, anyone can help me out with these ? wall corner & line on wall, if there is anyone can help me, i would like sending the file .. please

• By lucratect
      In my plan I need most of the foundation to be a monolithic slab except in areas where there are pipes such as the bathroom.  I am trying to figure out how to cut a hole in a foundation that I have generated in CA with the foundation tool, but when I try the "slab hole with footing" and the "Hole in floor platform" tools I get errors. "could not create hole in floor platform" and "a slab hole must be placed inside a slab".  

To elaborate on the foundation, it will be piers 4ft into the ground then a normal monolithic slab and footings will be poured on top of the piers.  The footings and slab will sit about 24" above the existing terrain where the piers tops also are.  The soil cap will be course gravel and basecourse on which the slab will be poured.  The bathrooms and other rooms with piping will be to the outside of the building and there will be a crawlspace below those areas to service pipes.

I am hoping someone has experience with this and can help me.  I've scoured the forums and spent hours in CA to no avail!
    • By DomaniHomeDesign
      This is the first home my team and I have created in Chief Architect (converting from SoftPlan) and we're stuck still trying to figure out if there's a way to show a foundation only plan in the layout using the "walkout" basement, level 0. We end up with the full framed walls showing on top of the 4' stem foundation walls, no interior footings for the interior bearing walls, and a stone veneer on the framed wall above that isn't supported by the foundation wall.

If anyone can offer information on how to get just a true, basic foundation plan in our plan set/layout that would be fantastic! The (nearly complete) floor plan is zipped up and provided below.
      Warnier, Adam & Diana.zip
    • By Darrellx
      I'm using home designed pro 2021.

Circled in the picture below is the area unfilled between the lower and upper roof where there is no wall.  I can extend the wall inward toward the peak to close the gap, but then area below the gap is closed off.  I've experimented, googled, and watched a bunch of video tutorials on roofs.  Actually seemed like one of the tutorial videos had a similar issue, but the instructor kinda glossed over it and changed to pitch on one roof to make it look a little better before moving on.

After banging my head for a few days, hoping someone has the answer.
      (plan is also attached for the image)
      MissingGableWall.plan