chief architect for small church projects?

Clemsongrad

From what I am seeing using chief I don't see any particular deficits, but I'd like to learn work arounds before I'm in the midst of a project.

I may have several coming up this year and would like to acquire assets and skills to be ready ahead of time.

Thanks!

Larry

Depends on where you are building - just like all projects. I have done several small church projects over the years in Chief, but in rural areas, and they were small; much of it was just concept stuff for the congregation and leadership's use for fundraising. I always leave the bigger stuff to those equipped for the challenge. 3D Warehouse will become your friend if not already. Be careful though; some of the items will have to be modified (of course) and some have way too may polygons to use effectively. I usually download and edit almost every one I use in Sketchup first. Up side is I can save them to my library for future use. If you are a licensed Architect, good; but get ready for the Fire Marshall - I hope you get a good one you can work with (do many exist?). Work with them as soon as possible and develop the best relationship you can with them. My 2 cents.