Cross Section Detail help

neuhaven

Good morning!

First off, what great help everyone is on here!

Ok so I have attached my cross section of the Chic Cottage. I also attached a copy of a sample cross section plan we get from our drafter. I am having a lot of difficulty replicating this sample cross section in my CA x8 program.

I would like to make my plan more detailed, showing stairs for example. I am not even sure what to ask on here. I have tried invisible walls to eliminate the cross section detail of walls I do not need to show. I have tried layer settings to tweak things as well but it never comes out like this sample.

ANY HELP is greatly appreciated!!

CHIC COTTAGE - CURRENT-Layout.pdf

Sample Cross Section.pdf

Sounds like you need some additional time to study how CA works.  There are many great tutorials on YouTube.  Below is a link for creating section views, including Add Detail from the CAD menu.  

If you want to upload your plan, someone here might be able to suggest specific steps, such as adding a stairway.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00766/adding-detail-to-a-cross-section-view.html

To show stairs you would need to cut through stairs with cross section line and make sure layers for stairs is on. You can also break a cross section line and cut through or avoid things with it. If you want to show less behind view set a back clip distance. Once you get section how you want it use auto detail.

2 hours ago, Griffin said:

Sounds like you need some additional time to study how CA works.  There are many great tutorials on YouTube.  Below is a link for creating section views, including Add Detail from the CAD menu.  

If you want to upload your plan, someone here might be able to suggest specific steps, such as adding a stairway.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00766/adding-detail-to-a-cross-section-view.html

You are 100% correct Griffin!  I seem to get everything done well up until the point of the cross section details.

CHIC COTTAGE - CURRENT.plan

2 hours ago, justmejerry said:

To show stairs you would need to cut through stairs with cross section line and make sure layers for stairs is on. You can also break a cross section line and cut through or avoid things with it. If you want to show less behind view set a back clip distance. Once you get section how you want it use auto detail.

Thank you! I will try this out.