Tony_Sterba

seamless white land and no background help...

This may be silly - but I have a client that likes their renderings in both landscaped and simple mode.  When I do simple mode (white back ground), I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the horizon line.  I removed the background image and went with white.  When I pick the material for the land - I just went with white.  I thought it would be seamless - but I am wrong.

I know photo shop will fix this - or any other graphic program... but renderings are a very small piece of my business and I don't want to spend more time than I have too.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get a pure white background and land base without affecting anything else?

Thanks for reading!!

Colored rendering - Copy.jpg

WHITE rendering - Copy.jpg

Quite a few options here depending on a number of factors including the rendering type but here are a few right off the top (some may need to be done in combination with others depending on the situation) ...

• Simply turn the Terrain Perimeter layer off
  • Set the material color to white and turn the shading contrast down to zero
  • Adjust the material settings by completely deleting the texture file (no texture) and set the diffuse setting to 100%
  • Set the terrain perimeter layer line style to the invisible line style (vector views)
  • Give the terrain a zero thickness (if the edges are in view)

Hope that helps at least get you started. 

Thanks for the input Michael!  I have plain white as my color, no texture.  If I turn the perimeter layer off - I see all the foundation and footings- which I don't want (client doesn't want) to see.  I downsized my terrain area to be almost a cookie cutter of the house - and stretched it out minimally so you can't see the footings - but still have 2 shades of white.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Can you post a copy of the plan file?

BTW, if you're trying to do a ray trace, my suggestions probably won't be a whole lot of help.  That's a different ball of wax for sure. 

Just ran some very quick tests...for ray trace views, try setting the material to approx. 75% emissive...

Emmisive.jpg

Blank terrain.jpg

You're a genius!  That worked perfectly.   I will re-render and make sure I create a separate layer/material just for this purpose.

Thank you!!  That saves me (and someone else) time - plus it makes me look like I know what I'm doing :)

Thanks again!!

3 minutes ago, Tony_Sterba said:

You're a genius!  That worked perfectly.   I will re-render and make sure I create a separate layer/material just for this purpose.

Thank you!!  That saves me (and someone else) time - plus it makes me look like I know what I'm doing :)

Thanks again!!

You're more than welcome : )