Working On As Builts And Have A Gap Between My Foundation And 1St Floor

BrianMcP

New user here. When checking out the 3D of the as builts I'm creating for my ranch house I see a gap between the foundation/basement floor and the first floor. I searched and found a KB that addresses this so I thought it would be a quick fix. The KB - http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00038/ - says to check the box on the outside layer to "build platform to selected line". Problem is all of my exterior walls already had that box checked. The only wall that is extending to the foundation correctly is the partial stone wall in the front. As far as I know I didn't build that one any different than the other ones. The exterior is a strange mix of pony wall brick, full brick, stone, and vertical siding. 

I'm using X6 to create the plans. Any ideas as to what else can cause that gap? I have not yet built my framing so I thought maybe it would fix itself once the joists were in there. Other than that I haven't been able to find anything in the manual or in searching. 

Thanks!

Brian

It's probably something in your wall, floor, or ceiling definition.  Or maybe you manually edited your wall heights.  Or maybe something completely different.  The easiest way for someone to figure it out is for you to post a zipped version of your plan on this forum.  Then someone could probably figure it out in a few minutes.  Otherwise, people will only be able to make guesses.

Room definitions are not turned on yet. Although I did just fix the issue by the rear solarium. I drew a dividing line there and it added a floor/ceiling so it no longer thinks its outside space. 

I have not done the framing yet. I'm still working through some issues with the roof. I can get it to create the gable roof I want, but the front bump out on the left is giving me an issue doing a little hip roof there. I thought I should build the roof and then do all the framing at once? Or does it not matter?

I did try to - reset to defaults - all floors - floor/ceiling heights - earlier and that didn't seem to do anything for me. 

Thanks,

Brian

No I did several things (wall def's) and two corner walls in the front weren't connected. You also has a single layer wall in the front pony wall and I

just changed it to a stucco wall, not sure if that's what you want, but it was multi layered. The single layered walls cannot extend below the floor line.

Gotcha... good to know! These are just as builts so they don't need to be exact on the type of material I don't think. Most of that wall will be coming down for a new front porch (I think). 

Thanks again

Brian